• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: ICEPower 125ASX2 module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A100 DIY-Kit, 400USD/pc plus shipping cost

I'm afraid the new prices are too high for me and my friends as well. Especially considering that before long class D will likely be everywhere, with prices dropping.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's interesting.

Actually, the real price of A100 DIY-Kit is about 400USD if removing EMS shipping cost. You might get a higher total cost more than 450USD if buying something and shipped to you from China, via EMS, about 3KG weight package.

Then, the real price is only 400USD, including one 125ASX2 module, one RCA-->XLR module, one unit of DIY-Kit with HiFi high quality cables everywhere (you will check them from pictures later).

Our aluminum cases are the best quality and craftwork, it look like pefect, friends who bought our cases before would be very satisfied with our cases.

So in another words, 400USD/pc plus shipping cost, should be easy to be acceptable, I guess:)

Best Regards,
Ghent

about old version DIY-Kit

Hi everyone,

It seems our thoughts to simply products were not always right:)

In year 2011, we received many suggestions about adding RCA-->XLR module inside our case, so we developed it and equipped it as standard peripheral of new version. Finally we found not all friends need this function with a higher price, thanks for advice from some old friends.

Now we are considering to provide old version DIY-KIT with lower price, and provide RCA-->XLR module as a option for this old version. This would be a better solution although we will have more jobs about preparing items in advance, re-make packaging..., we need rearrange all things carefully so that no missing any items.

I will release the new price of old version DIY-Kit soon after discussing with partners, thanks everyone.

Best Regards,
Ghent

Hi everyone,

It seems our thoughts to simply products were not always right:)

In year 2011, we received many suggestions about adding RCA-->XLR module inside our case, so we developed it and equipped it as standard peripheral of new version. Finally we found not all friends need this function with a higher price, thanks for advice from some old friends.

Now we are considering to provide old version DIY-KIT with lower price, and provide RCA-->XLR module as a option for this old version. This would be a better solution although we will have more jobs about preparing items in advance, re-make packaging..., we need rearrange all things carefully so that no missing any items.

I will release the new price of old version DIY-Kit soon after discussing with partners, thanks everyone.

Best Regards,
Ghent

This is a good idea. I do not want the RCA-->XLR module and I am sure there are others like me. Keep us posted on the progress.

Bill

Hi Everyone,

We haven't be ready to re-release the old version of old-version kit, because no supplier still work before the Chinese New Year, so let's talk about it later.

Now Please check some pictures of new version A100 Kit. There is an assembled version with Volume Control option, the standard A100 is without Volume Control.
By the way, I'm not a excellent photographer:)

Please contact me at windowsxp@vip.163.com, I will go out for Holidays tomorrow, but will check emails sometimes.

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone,
Ghent

Attachments

• A100-1.JPG
    A100-1.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 678
  • A100-2.JPG
    A100-2.JPG
    388.9 KB · Views: 675
  • A100-3.JPG
    A100-3.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 651
  • A100-4.JPG
    A100-4.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 632
Excellent work! Congrats to you ghent!!

Thanks, Katarakt.

I forgot to say, there is a customized 30cm XLR cable with A100 Diy-Kit, made by CANARE high-quality cable, and male/female XLR connectors(Neutrik factory made in China), to connect XLR output from RCA-->XLR module to XLR input of 125ASX2 module.

This 30cm XLR cable, is the standard peripheral of A100 and A200 Kit, also with all excellent cables and JST original connectors. We do it as best as we can.

Best Regards,
Ghent

Attachments

• RCA-XLR module and 30cm XLR cable.jpg
    RCA-XLR module and 30cm XLR cable.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 624
About A200 Diy-Kit

Hi Everyone,

Happy Chinese New Year to all friends!

We plan to release two editions of A200 Diy-Kit, so that to provide more choices with cost-effective prices for Diyaudio members:
  • A200 Basic-Kit:
    • including 2pcs of 125ASX2 modules with case-kit;
    • supporting BTL mode (450w x 2/ch) via XLR input only
  • A200 Pro-Kit:
    • including 2pcs 125ASX2 modules, 2pcs RCA-XLR modules and case-kit;
    • supporting BTL mode (450w x 2/ch) via both XLR and RCA inputs
A200 Diy-Kit is compact & space-saving kit, providing more funcitons with different combinatons (4 Ω):
  • 120w x 4/ch
  • 450w x 2/ch
  • 120w x 2/ch + 450w x 1/ch (Subwoofer) (2.1 HiFi System)
The exact size of A200 case are (w/o Aluminum foots):
  • Outside dimensions: 300 * 175 * 62 mm
  • Internal dimensions: 311 * 190 * 70 mm

Here are some pictures of A200 Pro-Kit. The last picture (A200-3) shows that XLR signal out from RCA->XLR module, to the XLR input of 125ASX2 module (with 30cm high-quality XLR cable).

Best Regards,
Ghent

Attachments

• A200-3.jpg
    A200-3.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 1,011
  • A200-2.JPG
    A200-2.JPG
    432.8 KB · Views: 1,048
  • A200-1.jpg
    A200-1.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 1,103
Last edited:
Hello Ghent

Happy new year to you as well!
This lock is really nice!!!
But I thing the outside dimension an inner one should be changed like this inner is bigger than outside!

Hi Grosser09,

Thanks, sorry I made mistake about sizes.
The numbers are correct, but outside size should be bigger one, internal size should be smaller one. sorry again!

Best Regards,
Ghent

Ghent's Kit-------A300 DIY-Kits

Hi Everyone,

We are trying to develop A300 DIY-Kit to provide more choices for HiFi users, and there still are two editions of A300 DIY-Kits:
  • A300 Basic-Kit: including 3pcs of 125ASX2 modules with case-kit;
  • A300 Pro-Kit: including 3pcs 125ASX2 modules, RCA-XLR module(3 channels) and case-kit;
A300 Diy-Kit could run in more modes with different combinatons (4 Ω):
  • 120w x 6/ch
  • 450w x 3/ch
  • 120w x 4/ch + 450w x 1/ch
  • 120w x 2/ch + 450w x 2/ch
The outside size of A300 case is about: 420*320*80mm (w/o Aluminum foots)

Here are some pictures of A300 Pro-Kit sample, we just have two samples of A300 Kit, now not in batch production.

Best Regards,
Ghent

Attachments

• A300-1.jpg
    A300-1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 904
  • A300-3.jpg
    A300-3.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 893
  • A300-4.jpg
    A300-4.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 408
  • A300-5.jpg
    A300-5.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 282
  • A300-6.jpg
    A300-6.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 238
Hi Everyone,

We are trying to develop A300 DIY-Kit to provide more choices for HiFi users, and there still are two editions of A300 DIY-Kits:
  • A300 Basic-Kit: including 3pcs of 125ASX2 modules with case-kit;
  • A300 Pro-Kit: including 3pcs 125ASX2 modules, RCA-XLR module(3 channels) and case-kit;
A300 Diy-Kit could run in more modes with different combinatons (4 Ω):
  • 120w x 6/ch
  • 450w x 3/ch
  • 120w x 4/ch + 450w x 1/ch
  • 120w x 2/ch + 450w x 2/ch
The outside size of A300 case is about: 420*320*80mm (w/o Aluminum foots)

Here are some pictures of A300 Pro-Kit sample, we just have two samples of A300 Kit, now not in batch production.

Best Regards,
Ghent

looks nice, what about a A100 baic kit?

Selling

Hi Everyone,

Now we release the latest pricelist of Ghent's Kit, please check the picture in the bottom:)

1 Story about Ghent's Module & DIY-Kits
ICEPower 125ASX2 module

According to official datasheet, ICEPower 125ASX2 module support following modes:
  • SE mode: 120w x 2/ch (4 Ω)
  • BTL mode: 450w x 1/ch (4 Ω), via balanced signal input (XLR)
In year 2011, we have released the old-version DIY-Kit (A000 Kit), supported above two modes of 125ASX2 perfectly;

RCA-->XLR module
During year 2011, some friends asked to support BTL mode via RCA input;

Then, we developed RCA-->XLR converting module specific for 125ASX2 module, so that 125ASX2 module could support 3rd mode with it:
  • BTL mode: 450w x 1/ch (4 Ω), via RCA Input
Also, our RCA-->XLR module is integrated individually inside case, just get DC24V power-in from 125ASX2 module. This means, you can output XLR signal to other amps while our Kits are running.

DIY-Kits (Basic-Kit , Pro-Kit & Case-Kit)

Basically, we hope to provide different combinations of modules to meet various requirements of HiFi users, with cost-effective prices and max- flexibility combinations:
  • A100 / A200 / A300 Kits, mean that kit separately include 1pc / 2pcs / 3pcs 125ASX2 modules
  • Basic-Kit and Pro-Kit are completed DIY-Kit, you can assembly it to completed amp easily, but:
    • Basic-Kit include Case-Kit and only 125ASX2 module
    • Pro-Kit include Case-Kit, 125ASX2 module and RCA-->XLR module (also with male-to-female XLR cable, 30mm length)
  • Case-Kit means Aluminum case with all cables, connectors (Binding posts, RCA, XLR), switch, screws..etc, everything for assembling completed amp. Case-Kits are for users who already have 125ASX2 modules;
2 Most-Flexibility Combinations, Most-Powerful DIY-Kit
Our DIY-Kits are designed specific for 125ASX2 module, and will fulfill most-powerful functions of 125ASX2 perfectly.

For example, A200 Pro-Kit is a very compact amp, it support following modes to meet your special requirements (4 Ω):
  • SE mode: 120w x 4/ch
  • BTL mode: 450w x 2/ch, via XLR inputs
  • BTL mode: 450w x 2/ch, via RCA inputs
  • BTL mode: 450w x 2/ch, via 1/ch XLR input + 1/ch RCA input
  • 2.1 HiFi system: 120w x 2/ch (L/R channels) + 450w x 1/ch (Subwoofer)
  • Individual balanced signal provider (1/ch or 2/ch), to other amps
So, HiFi users could easily get 2.1, 4,1, 5.1 or even 7.1 HiFi system based on different combinations of our DIY-Kits.

3 About Shipping ways and estimated shipping cost

There are two shipping ways for choosing:
  • Postal air parcel, package should be <2kg, about 3-5 weeks
  • EMS express service, no weight limit, usually within one week (e.x 3-5 days to USA)
Above ways are standard postal services, so you can check the tracking numbers from local website (e.x USPS.com of USA);

For packages over 2kg limit(e.x A200 Diy-Kit), we recommend to send it via EMS within one package, or divide kits into two separate packages to be send via postal air parcel(but both packages should be <2kg)
  • A000 & A100 DIY-Kit, it’s about $20--$30 via postal air parcel, or $40--$50 via EMS
  • A200 DIY-Kit, it’s about $25--$35 via postal air parcel, or $50--$60 via EMS
  • For Completed-Amp, we have to send via EMS because we can’t divide it into two packages via postal air parcel;
Here is the latest pricelist from 2012-02-01
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi Ghent,

I enjoyed putting together your amp.
The sound is a bit dark for me. Is it possible to change this? With other modules I can change the input capacitor, or the output filter to get the sound I want.

Thanks
James

Hi James,

Thanks for your message.
Yes, feeling is something personal although ICEpower 125ASX2 is a excellent Class-D amp module.

Our 125ASX2 modules, are totally unused, new module from original factory, so we won't and can't do any changes about module itself.

I will discuss with our technicians about your idea, and will keep you posted if finding some way.
Or, other diyaudio members might help you on it, they are more professinal about DIY tech.

By the way, please contact me directly via windowsxp@vip.163.com, because sometimes I can't received the message from diyaudio forum directly, I don't know why.

Best Regards,
Ghent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.