• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: ICEPower 125ASX2 module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Ghent

I had a frantic few days before Christmas, building my two children Icepower/MiniDSP amps.

What I can tell you is, that if I was left to build the ARK, you all would have drowned. :)

I did managed to get the amps finished Christmas eve so no harm done.

They have been built using the Icepower kit available from a nice Chinese man on diyAudio, with a MiniDSP crammed into the case. I decided to go for a 12v PSU from various dead modems for the MiniDSP's, the plan is to leave the DSP on 24/7 & only switch the amp on & off, to avoid the horrible noise the DSP makes when being turned on/off. It's not the most elegant or Enviro friendly solution but I ran out of time & space for a better one.

They will run a set of speakers & supply the signal to the Sub I have made for the daughters 18th, better put the Sub together tomorrow as her birthday's the day after. My son get's a sub for his next birthday.

We gave my sons a run using the speaker's I built him for his 18th & all where very impressed, I have to say for the moment the amp modules seem pretty good & very well behaved.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Attachments

• 11-12-25IcePoweramps1.jpg
    11-12-25IcePoweramps1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 556
  • 11-12-25IcePoweramps1_1.jpg
    11-12-25IcePoweramps1_1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 532
  • 11-12-25IcePoweramps1_2.jpg
    11-12-25IcePoweramps1_2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 525
  • 11-12-25IcePoweramps1_3.jpg
    11-12-25IcePoweramps1_3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 514
  • 11-12-25IcePoweramps1_4.jpg
    11-12-25IcePoweramps1_4.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 473
  • 11-12-25IcePoweramps1_5.jpg
    11-12-25IcePoweramps1_5.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy new year!!!

Hi David,

I was impressed so much by your innovation in Christmas Holidays, also impressed by your love to your childrens!!! My son is 12, I love it very much too.

And, I love the last two pictures, I hope our case is not very heavy:p

You are a great father, wonderful inventor, also a excellent photographer:D

Merry Christmas, also Happy new year, to David, to all friends!!!

Ghent

Hi David,

I was impressed so much by your innovation in Christmas Holidays, also impressed by your love to your childrens!!! My son is 12, I love it very much too.

And, I love the last two pictures, I hope our case is not very heavy:p

You are a great father, wonderful inventor, also a excellent photographer:D

Merry Christmas, also Happy new year, to David, to all friends!!!

Ghent

Thanks for the nice words.

Excellent work, but why have you soldered some cable directly to the ice pcb? because of the little connector pins? ..oh do you have a link to the USB-port with this short cable which you've used for the miniDSP?

Katarakt
I solder the speaker cables underneath because there is so little room between the boards where the cables are suppose to plug in.
Yes the signal cables are soldered underneath because of the LITTLE connector pins. Actually one amp has the signal cable soldered using good quality cable & one has the supplied connector used, I had planned on doing some A/B testing to see if I could hear any difference but I ran out of time & now I don't think it will ever happen.

Hi Guys,

First many thanks for all support from diyaudio members!

Now, all first version of DIY kits in stock were already sold out. As all of you knew, the first edition of diy-suite case run as following two modes:
  • Stereo type: 2 * 125W via RCA inputs
  • Mono Block: 1 * 450W via XLR input

Then recently we are making new version of diy-suite case, and developing RCA->XLR converting PCB inside the case as a option. So new version of diy-suite case will support Mono Block via XLR or RCA inputs

Also, there are two kinds of new version cases:
  • 100A case: one 125ASX2 module + one RCA->XLR converting PCB
  • 200A case: two 125ASX2 modules + two RCA->XLR converting PCB

I will release some new pictures once getting new version cases, the lead time of new version of cases would be the beginning of Jan, 2012:)

Happy Christmas, and happy new year:)

Best Regards,
Ghent

Ghent,
Any update on your new cases?

Happy New Year!

Bill

Yes, any update? I'm interested too :)

Hi everyone,

Recently, Christmas, New Year, also the coming Chinese New year, so many holidays delayed or will delay our progress of new version cases.

Also, it's more and more hard to get modules, till now we haven't got enough modules for this batch of cases.

Whatever, we estimated that, we will release some new version of Diy-Suite, about 20th Jan, and will release the new prices about 15th.

Thanks for everyone's help, still happy new year:)

Best Regards,
Ghent

Ghent,
Will you still update your old listing on Audiogon or should I keep an eye on this board only?
Will the Unbalanced to Balanced module be available as on upgrade to the previous module buyers, I could be interested for the 2 modules I bought from you in November.

Happy Chinese New Year!

Danny
Montreal

Start to book now

Hi Everyone,

Thanks everyone's support, we had released old version of DIY-Kits with very promotional prices in 2011, and now we release new version with standard prices in 2012.

The new version Icepower 125ASX2 Diy Kits are coming, we will get both A100 and A200 DIY-Kits before 20th Jan.

1 Till now, we have made only 20 units of A100 DIY-Kits, and 5 units of A200 DIY-Kits, for the reason of limited 125ASX2 modules. The new features are:
  • There is independent RCA-->XLR converting module inside case to serve more purposes;
  • Using "JST" connectors from original factory instead of normal connectors;
  • HiFi high quality cables everywhere, instead of flat cable
  • In the top cover, there are normal thermal holes instead of "ICE" text thermal holes;
  • Both silver and black colors are available, but black cases are more than silver cases
  • Free shipping via EMS Express delivery service, about 3-7 days
2 Welcome booking our DIY-Kits from now on, because Chinese New Year holidyas will start from Jan 22th to Feb 3th. That means, we have only one week time to accept orders and send all packages before 22th Jan. We will not work in holidays but will make more kits after holidays.

3 All new prices are including EMS Express service, that means free shipping. In general EMS about one week to worldwilde and usually 3-4 days to USA. We will not be capable of delivering new version kits by normal postal air parcel, because weight of new version kit is over 2KG limit.

4 The standard price lists are:
  • A100 DIY-Kit-----480USD/pc, free shipping via EMS, including 1pc 125ASX2 module + 1pc RCA-->XLR converting module;
  • A200 DIY-Kit-----950USD/pc, free shipping via EMS, including 2pcs 125ASX2 modules + 2pcs RCA-->XLR converting modules;
  • Volume Control Option: 20USD/pc, only for A100 kit, including nice volume knob, ALPS-16 potentiometer and customized Front Plate;
  • Assembling Charge: 80USD for A100 Kit, 120USD for A200 Kit. We assemble kits to be completed amp for you.
5 Promotional price for coming Chinese New Year

We have promotional prices before Chinese New year, during 16-22th Jan:
  • A100 DIY-Kit-----450USD/pc, free shipping via EMS, including 1pc 125ASX2 module + 1pc RCA-->XLR converting module;
  • A200 DIY-Kit-----900USD/pc, free shipping via EMS, including 2pcs 125ASX2 modules + 2pcs RCA-->XLR converting modules;
  • Assembling Charge: 60USD for A100 Kit, 100USD for A200 Kit. We assemble kits to be completed amp for you.
After Chinese New year, the prices will be back to standard price lists.

6 We will sell our new version of DIY-Kits only(no more 125ASX2 modules selling). And we will have plan for upgrading old-version of DIY-kits if guys need our specific RCA-->XLR converting module, let's talk about it later.

Please contact me at: windowsxp@vip.163.com, I will send paypal invoice to you if you want to order it, thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Ghent

About RCA-->XLR converting module

Hi Everyone again,

Regading the new version of RCA--XLR converting module, our ideas are:
  • Such RCA-->XLR converting module is an independent module or area inside case, just powered by DC 24V from 125ASX2 module, no other directly input/output relation with 125ASX2 module inside case;
  • This independent RCA-->XLR module include one extra RCA input and one extra XLR output, the main purpose of this module is designed only for converting unbalanced RCA input signal to balanced XLR output signal;
  • Besides the extra RCA input and XLR output belonged to RCA-->XLR module, there still are standard one pair of RCA inputs and two pair of binding posts on the back panel of case(same as old version). By the way, of course double all input/outputs in A200 case, because there are two 125ASX2 moduels and two RCA-->XLR converting modules inside case;
  • So, if you want to run amp as Mono Block via RCA input, please do as following steps:
    • Send one channel RCA signal to "RCA input of RCA-->XLR converting module",
    • Then you will get one channel balanced XLR signal from "XLR output of RCA-->XLR converting module";
    • Using one short XLR cable (DIY-Kit include this cable) to connect above XLR output signal to XLR input of DIY-Kit;
    • Then connecting your powerful speaker with both positive binding posts, you amp run as Mono Block 450W;
5 All in all, our DIY-Kit would be used for following Four kinds of purposes:
  • Standard Stereo Amp via RCA input directly, 2*125W;
  • Mono Block Amp via XLR input directly, 1 * 450W (if you have a pre-amp with XLR output);
  • Mono Block Amp via RCA input indirectly, 1 * 450W (if you don't have pre-amp with XLR output, then connecting by above way)
  • RCA-->XLR Converting Module only, you can use this converting fucntion for other amps while our amp is still running;
Please contact me at: windowsxp@vip.163.com if you have any questions, thanks in advance!

I will show more real pictures of both kits after couple of days.

Best Regards,
Ghent

Attachments

• A100 Back Plate.jpg
    A100 Back Plate.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 468
  • A200 Back Plate.jpg
    A200 Back Plate.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 462
  • Top Cover.jpg
    Top Cover.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
What is up with DOUBLING the price?

In last year, we had some modules in stock, and sold it as very promotional prices, that's not a regular marketing price.

Now in new year, everything is up up up..., it's hard to get modules, and customized cases are more expensive and expensive in Shanghai, also we cost much to develop the RCA-->XLR converting module.

I understood the surprise about our new price lists (especially comparing with previous promotional prices), but to be honestly, it's also not fair for us to gain nothing after so many complex processes about diy kits. In the marketing, one 125ASX2 module is almost the half price of my new version of A100 DIY-Kit.

We want to provide an excellent DIY Kit here, and will keep improving it one step by one step. I think Diyaudio members could make the same prefect amp as Brand Factory' products with our DIY-Kit, becasue we do it as best as we can.

Best Regards,
Ghent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.