• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LJM Audio

There are two sellers of these boards on ebay, along and zoe_tsang. Could some one tell me about the quality of parts these guys use or which one is better. If I wish to upgrade some parts, which ones will give maximum returns.
kits are the same. I bought from both : packaging in favour of along, but for a kit you don't really care. For fully built boards, you would.

Alittle help for my friends

Attachments

• APEX Soft-Start with Triac.jpg
    APEX Soft-Start with Triac.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,756
  • softstartlayout&tracks.pdf
    32 KB · Views: 230
If I use this, i dont need soft start?
sofstart is needed if you have big capacitors with your linear power supply, to limit the inrush current at power on. Regardless of speaker protection.

It's difficult to set a limit : imho, with a total of less than 30.000uF filtering capacitors, you don't need softstart. Above, you may consider.
With (serious) SMPS you don't need an additional softstart, as they have one built in.

I need help from this amplifier with us.i make IRFI4019 everything right, checked and using a pcb layout recommended by the manufacturer, but it just does not give any soun, is completely silent and does not burn IRFI4019 and neitherIRS2092.all voltages are correct, given all the diodes various vezes.i make this on protoboard too,but the problem persist.on oscilloscope only pin 4 of the waveform IRS2092 has no other pin features a waveform, it seems he does not pwm. I'm using v +45-45 +32-32 but I tested it with and also tried to use this and nothing.i make also integrated with discrete transistors in the output instead of the IRS2092 IRFI4029 but woe is short the pins that go to the gate of IRF.I tested several of the ci's and always the same problem.somebody already had the same problem or can tell me what's going on? already required from

preciso da ajuda de alguém.montei esse amplificador com IRFI4019 tudo certinho,conferido e usando um layout de pcb recomendado pelo fabricante,mas ele simplesmente não dá audio nenhum,fica totalmente mudo e nao queima o IRFI4019 e nem o IRS2092.todas as tensões estão corretas,os diodos tudo conferido varias vezes.montei ele tambem na protoboard e aconteceu a mesma coisa.nos testes com osciloscópio só o pino 4 do IRS2092 tem forma de onda,nenhum outro pino apresenta forma de onda alguma,parece que ele não oscila.estou usando +45-45v mas já testei com +32-32 também e nada.ja tentei usar esse integrado também com transistores discretos na saída no lugar do IRFI4029 mas ai o IRS2092 entra em curto os pinos que vao ao gate dos IRF.ja testei varios cis e sempre da o mesmo problema.alguem ja teve o mesmo problema ou sabe me dizer o que esta acontecendo?desde ja obrigado

3 L15D-pro on one smps how to do it

Gentlemen,

I have bought 6 units of the L15D-Pro to build a pair of 3 channel amps.

The idea is to feed each amp with 1 SMPS (+/-46V 500 Watt).

Do I need to use a phase inverter in between the smps and the units to avoid bus pumping?

If so, where can I buy the PCB, or is there a small kit available?

Thank you in advance

Peter

I have a couple of questions about my application - I'd like to use two L15Dx2 amp boards (each one like IRAUDAMP7S) for four amplifier channels. I would power this using a linear power supply using a 1kVA 40-0-40 transformer with about 80,000uF total capacitance per rail. The ps needs a soft start, but I see a post earlier in this thread that indicates that class-D designs like the IRAUDAMP7S may be unstable when a soft start is used.

If I use a soft start, should I use a timer to turn on (or connect) the amp board after the PS has stabilized? I can pretty easily create something like this myself.

Is a speaker muting really needed when using this kind of amp? I thought that the IRS2092 has built in click&pop control... is that not muting the output on startup?

Please make some suggestions. Thanks,

-Charlie

Is a speaker muting really needed when using this kind of amp? I thought that the IRS2092 has built in click&pop control... is that not muting the output on startup?

Please make some suggestions. Thanks,

-Charlie

I found that with 20,000uf plus per rail I was getting very loud turn off pops/thumps/siren noise through the speaker. Its to do with the power supply decaying slowly upsetting the 2092.
If you can live with the pops then thats fine.
I talked to IR about it and they suggested a circuit that detects low voltage on VCC and holds the reset pin low on power down.

I found that with 20,000uf plus per rail I was getting very loud turn off pops/thumps/siren noise through the speaker. Its to do with the power supply decaying slowly upsetting the 2092.
If you can live with the pops then thats fine.
I talked to IR about it and they suggested a circuit that detects low voltage on VCC and holds the reset pin low on power down.

Can anyone tell me what is the sound quality of the L15D?

Normally the class D sound worse treble.

What would you advise me?, Build a class AB amplifier with mosfet or buy ljm L15D Class D.

to amplify studio monitors.
Thank you.

L15DX2 higher than the L15D performance difference is not particularly large.

Distortion smaller.

Analog amplifier L7, its wide range of applications. No fixed rules on the voltage.

Are free to use, L7, very durable

Can anyone tell me what is the sound quality of the L15D?

Normally the class D sound worse treble.

What would you advise me?, Build a class AB amplifier with mosfet or buy L15D Class D.

to amplify studio monitors.

Thank you.