• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Warpspeed -An Optocoupler Volume Control

Damn! I just discovered the existence of this preamp and I was going to ask if it would be completely compatible with my two amps SKA GB150D I'm doing now. Especially know if I can move the pot to 30 cm away the pcb?
I just need the kit for $ 168, I'd a source selector with relays before the preamp.
If you ever have some free time Allan, think of me :)

A message coming from an audiophile with well-trained and -experienced ears...

I hope all is well with you. I was sad to read that you stopped making the Warpspeed for now. I'm glad that I got one when I did! It’s been over a year now that I’ve had my V4x2-xW2, and I’ve just loved it. My enthusiasm for it has only grown, and I've been so very happy with it. It really has changed my whole music listening life!

Kindest Regards,

Prof. H
Professor of Music
University of Northern Colorado
Interim Director, School of Music

Gustavo-

Hello Mr Allan,

I'm, interested in Warpspeed

Can you recomend me with 2 pairs XLR output?

I'll conect a full balanced operation DAC with XLR and RCA outputs !!

V8+4 - switchable RCA (1-in/2-out paralleled) or XLR (1-in/1-out) stereo; independent RCA and XLR optocoupler circuit; no RCA/XLR conversion - $800

I like that one

Can you help me?

How can I pay? Bank Tranfer?

I just bought a Lampizator Big Six

Regards

Gustavo

So many things to be thankful for...

Was given the opportunity to build these for a gentleman from Brazil...most of the proceeds went to UNICEF for the benefit of the children of the Philippines affected by Typhoon Haiyan. It will probably take a decade to recover fully from this tragedy.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• diyA1.jpg
    diyA1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 584
  • diyA.jpg
    diyA.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 569
  • diyA2.jpg
    diyA2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 580
If you get a chance please do build one. I'm speaking for myself here, but I know there are others out there and I was a doubting Thomas too until I decided it's too simple to pass on building it. It is ridiculously amazing the way the music ebbs and flows! Distortion is really that good? I haven't come across anyone who have tried and not like it soundwise.

Once you have one built, and it doesn't have to be a Warpspeed, then listen. Let us know if you are able to tell the x amount of distortion there. Then please measure...

Down the road will do...

Are you David Lucas or are you related to him? You sound just like the snake oil salesman he was....

Balanced 2-IN/1-OUT

Found a way to do this and will be part of the model line-up called the V12.
______

It still is, as all Warpspeeds, possibly the shortest IN-OUT signal paths with the LDRs directly soldered on the IN-OUT connectors. No long wires, switches, or relays on the signal paths.

The Warpspeed will not create low-pass filters detrimental to the audio bandwidth with long, capacitive interconnects to the power amps as well as power amps with highish capacitance from its input stage.

Virtually infinite range of smooth log volume control response controlled by a 1080-deg turn precision pot. Will control low gain/sensitivity or high gain/sensitivity power amps.

Battery operated. With no music playing, it is dead quiet at any volume knob position even on high sensitivity 16-ohm headphones hanging directly off its Outputs.

Loading it from 16-ohms to Megaohms is not a problem. Goes about its job very well with standard headphones and it goes without saying low input impedance power amps as well.