• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Warpspeed -An Optocoupler Volume Control

And now the Pudding...

...fresh from the oven. :warped:

Attachments

• V24.6ch 013-1.jpg
    V24.6ch 013-1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 548
  • V24.6ch 016-1.jpg
    V24.6ch 016-1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 536
  • V24.6ch 017-1.jpg
    V24.6ch 017-1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 542
  • V24.6ch 022-1.jpg
    V24.6ch 022-1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 533
The WarpSpeed 6 channel in operation.. Currently a 3.1 setup ( no rears ). I am using the AudioPraise Vanity93 to generate the 6 Channel Coax to replace the lack of HDMI. The Octave dac provides L + R and the Bifrost dac generates the C + LFE. To be honest , U would be hard pressed to build a better HT setup.... I also own a Classe SSP-800. The WarpSpeed 6ch preamp is a game changer.

Dwight

Attachments

• passive pre 2.JPG
    passive pre 2.JPG
    734.1 KB · Views: 497
  • Passive pre 1.JPG
    Passive pre 1.JPG
    818.8 KB · Views: 129
Thanks for the update, Dwight! It looks like the V24.6ch found a good home and great buddies to play with...It's just incredible getting compared to an $8k HT processor!

The Warpspeed doesn't have all the bells and whistles but offers to simplify your already complicated life of gizmos, pushbuttons, and mind-numbing menu selections.

Attached is happyrabbit's HT system as he envisioned it once he has all the pieces...

I hope you will have endless hours of enjoyment both in stereo and HT!

Attachments

• Multi-Ch Warpspeed V24 Applications -pp3.pdf
    140.8 KB · Views: 116
V12

With the V24 serving the active bi/tri-amping crowd, the V12 circuit has been updated to bring it in line with the transWarp (xW) design as part of the evolution of the Warpspeed. It was first introduced here... http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...ptocoupler-volume-control-16.html#post2715708

The V12's application is for passive bi-amping. It utilizes loudspeakers with 2 pairs of speaker terminals whose internal high/mid and low crossover networks can be made independent by removing external jumpers linking the binding posts. Passive bi-amping has the advantage, over active, of enjoying what you paid for when you bought your speakers...the competence of the designer. Having all the parts tuned to work as a whole. Also, less fuss of measuring, tuning, adjusting, including additional expenses on active crossovers, and test equipment...which I believe is best left to speaker designers and experienced diyers.

As can be seen on the V12's internal pictures with 3 'Squids, the new design will now just run off a single 'Squid. There are 2 versions of the design...separate left and right level controls adjusts highs/mids and lows against each other -that is, CW turn brings up the highs/mids and CCW the lows. Or independently controlled highs/mids and lows each for the left and the right channels. It also sports a balance control to have the ability to finely adjust L-R balance as needed. The main volume control adjusts stereo levels while maintaining relative as-tuned levels of highs/mids and lows.

Attached is an illustration of passive bi-amping...

Attachments

• Warpspeed Passive Bi-Amp.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 149
Thanks Marko!

It's worthy to note DIYspaceW's impression in an email, especially his tubed DAC...

"Its the most transparent solution so far. I have also changed the output stage of the DAC, I use a 6s3p-ev tube and the output impedance is smaller, now around 1600-1800ohms."

Last edited: