• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Another project, all digital DDX amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sounds most excellent. Now I just want to buy one :)

I just wanted to add, thank-you Hifimediy for listening to us as both potential customers and eager hobbyists. Personally I have never had interaction of this kind with a designer/manufacturer before. To know my opinions have not only been heard, but taken into account in the design of an item that I now want to purchase is refreshing. So thank-you and keep it up!

Last edited:
I just wanted to add, thank-you Hifimediy for listening to us as both potential customers and eager hobbyists. Personally I have never had interaction of this kind with a designer/manufacturer before. To know my opinions have not only been heard, but taken into account in the design of an item that I now want to purchase is refreshing. So thank-you and keep it up!

Indeed. ;)

That said, it's been a year since you first announced this project, so people are getting anxious. :D

Basic functions for DDX320 board, update
1. S/PDIF signal (Optical and Coaxial) input, 192kHz24bit acceptable and 96kHz24bit processing.
2. Input source switch by pressing button of rotary encoder, with LED indicate.
3. Standby (power down) mode enter/exit by long press(about 3sec.) the button.
4. Rotary volume control, from -127dB to 20dB(1dB/step). with 5x LED level display.
5. User configure data auto saving when power down.
6. Output relays for speaker protection when output DC.
7. Output relays delay to turn on/ instant off when power on/off.
8. On board 3rd channel(sub-woofer) cross over frequency setting(by 4x DIP switches). 80~360Hz with 20Hz/step. And pass through option(all switch on).
######################################
sw1 sw2 sw3 sw4 FRQ
off off off off 360Hz
on off off off 340Hz
off on off off 320Hz
on on off off 300Hz
off off on off 280Hz
on off on off 260Hz
off on on off 240Hz
on on on off 220Hz
off off off on 200Hz
on off off on 180Hz
off on off on 160Hz
on on off on 140Hz
off off on on 120Hz
on off on on 100Hz
off on on on 80Hz
on on on on pass through
######################################
9. 3rd channel (sub-woofer) volume saperately controlled by pressing the button and rotary.
10. Configure the data to be default by pressing the button when power on.

Any chance of adding a remote volume option?

What would really make this brilliant would be if there was remote volume option and it used (or could learn) the codes sent by the remote for the Cambridge Audio iD100 (vol up/down, source, mute). Then you could build a fully-digital 2.1 system with remote control that would take up very little space and use an ipod as source with an option of adding a second digital source as well :)

/U.

PS: Probably a bit late to ask for this now, especially since I just pre-ordered a board but still... :D

yes, and a nice price too. I'm not sure I can use it with my miniDSP since all channels share the same spdif input. But if the advanced module will be something like the sinewave I link to, I will skip the miniDSP and go for a DSP featured digital amp.
The input spdif signal of this board should be IEC60958 standard, our PCM2706 box can work with this.

Hifimediy is there any data available regarding THD, channel separation, dynamic range and all these things normally found in a datasheet? Can't decide if I should build a T2 amp with high end DAC or the powerdac DDX320.
We didn't test the THD, but I think you can refer to datasheet first. And in my opinion, DDX320 will save your money compare to DAC and amps, may be it worth to have both of them, they are much different.:)

I googled the spec sheet from ST, but unless there is another spec sheet around, the information is fairly sparse?

Did you have a chance to compare the sound between the T-amps and the DDX320?

Is there any way to change the xover to the sub to 24dB?

BTW Kjeldsen. I checked your link to the TAS5630 amps. They look like decent quality, but the specs are only fair in my opinion, compared to the TK2050 amps.
Also, the TAS5630 is NOT a fully digital amp like DDX320 (or did I misunderstand the DDX320?), but converts to analogue before amplification, much like the T-amps. For a full digital amp the chip should be TAS5631 as far as I gathered.

The input spdif signal of this board should be IEC60958 standard, our PCM2706 box can work with this.

My setup with miniDSP would be stereo 2 way crossover, and one spdif out to one DDX320 would be left speaker. I would like to use the 100 watt 4 ohm for woofers, and 50 watt 8 ohm to 4" fullrangers, and then one 50 watt 8 ohm channel unused. I can't figure out how the outcome would be.

My setup with miniDSP would be stereo 2 way crossover, and one spdif out to one DDX320 would be left speaker. I would like to use the 100 watt 4 ohm for woofers, and 50 watt 8 ohm to 4" fullrangers, and then one 50 watt 8 ohm channel unused. I can't figure out how the outcome would be.

it will be a special use, and the standard version will not ok for your use.. But I can make it as you need.

I googled the spec sheet from ST, but unless there is another spec sheet around, the information is fairly sparse?

Did you have a chance to compare the sound between the T-amps and the DDX320?

Is there any way to change the xover to the sub to 24dB?

Hi, T-amps is amplifier and performance depend on which DAC/player you r using, DDX is a power DAC you can say, so it's not easy to say which is better.
The sub channel volume can be changed separately but you may not know exactly how many dB on DDX320.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.