• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Another project, all digital DDX amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New products coming

I am waiting for the T4, myself. If you are a hifimediy fan (like me) go check out the website, Nick just posted some new product announcements for stuff coming up in the next few months. A Class AB board and several DACs as well as the T4 and an audio control. Looks like this might be what this DDX project morphed into.

I am waiting for the T4, myself. If you are a hifimediy fan (like me) go check out the website, Nick just posted some new product announcements for stuff coming up in the next few months. A Class AB board and several DACs as well as the T4 and an audio control. Looks like this might be what this DDX project morphed into.

Nice product line-up. It explains the silence of hifimediy on this forum.

I wouldn't necessarily assume the DDX project is dead. :cool:

I hoop it hasn't died. Development was going so fast. Would love to use is for a high and pc based system.

While we are waiting, I found this on Taobao. PowerDAC with analog and digital inputs, remote... Even runs upto 24/192.

Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Chai!
Jaz

But you just found wrong guy:D
I just come back from holidays and it's time to process this project soon. And I have to say that most part of this board is ready now, only thing we need is some more work to make it perfect.;)

While we are waiting, I found this on Taobao. PowerDAC with analog and digital inputs, remote... Even runs upto 24/192.

Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Chai!
Jaz

Jazbo8, it looks interesting. It seems like integrated fully digital 2x80W amplifier with remote and BBE effect. I couldn´t find any way to switch the page to english, can you please tell me what is the equivalent of the 1580 price in Usd ? i don´t know which currency it is. I take it that you have to buy through Taobao and can´t contact the producer/seller directly ? Thanks for your interesting tip.:up:

Is this going to have any kind of EQ, cross over selection or anything? What is planned power output from this amp chipset? Also will it sum the sub frequencies input from S/PDIF L/R into a mono signal?

Just wondering because I am tossing up between this and a miniDSP/miniAMP setup. Only 20watts per channel though.

Thanks hifimediy, I am very interested in seeing the details!

Is this going to have any kind of EQ, cross over selection or anything? What is planned power output from this amp chipset? Also will it sum the sub frequencies input from S/PDIF L/R into a mono signal?

Just wondering because I am tossing up between this and a miniDSP/miniAMP setup. Only 20watts per channel though.

Thanks hifimediy, I am very interested in seeing the details!

Hey Mitch,
All the answers to your questions are within the thread, you just have to read it :)

Yeah I have been going through it, I have read it before but I have a memory like a sieve. 2x50 + 100 would be phenomenal for me as I am planning to build BFM designs 2x TLAH tops and 1 TTLS sub. High efficiency so if I can find a full digital setup to run from computer straight through to speakers with a well sloped adjustable cross over and a bit of graphic or parametric EQ I would be happy as.

Damn not being able to edit past posts.

Anyway just a quick thought. I find surround sound often useless, I have no setup for it and I really don't miss as I don't watch a whole lot of TV. I'd love to see a 3.1 setup like this. 2x Optical in, 1 HDMI in with through put Video with no touch up or anything at all, just strips the audio and passes it along. Will also take 2 channel output from a TV S/PDIF and mix to 3.1, would have a 2.1 play option for music. Selectable cross over freq to sub with 24db slope. A few touchs of EQ (preferably 6 bands of parametric) built in and most notable 4 amp channels so it can power a sub itself. 50-100 watts out at all channels. Full digital setup. That would be nirvana. Decode whatever 5.1 is available without paying for propriety fees. I hope that the 5.1 setup will be something similair to this. I'll just leave off the surrounds :)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
Jazbo8, it looks interesting. It seems like integrated fully digital 2x80W amplifier with remote and BBE effect. I couldn´t find any way to switch the page to english, can you please tell me what is the equivalent of the 1580 price in Usd ? i don´t know which currency it is. I take it that you have to buy through Taobao and can´t contact the producer/seller directly ? Thanks for your interesting tip.:up:

At around 6.65 to the dollar, it's about $237. I don't think they will ship internationally, i can check for you if you are very interested. I bought the smaller one to try, it sounds ok, nothing to be excited about, perhaps it will open up a bit more after break-in...

Jaz

I wonder how much it costs to license DTS-MA and dolby prologic II etc? Having that + a auto correction software in a good quality full digital 5.1 setup with power out for sub as well..... I'd pay $500+ (I'm a cheap ***, truthfully probably worth more?) for something like that. Just have to put it in a box myself. Would beat the hats off most anything you can buy commercially I think? I can't wait to see the full product.

Cheering you on hifimediy, all the best

update

Glad to see you are back, please give us an update on the design, kit status, etc.

Jaz

Hi all.
I make a new kit, it's called DDX320, smaller than AMu320 which is pause for a long time. And the first batch of new boards will be ready in this month.
DDX320 is come without front panel or USB input, with a interface to switch the optical and coaxial inputs, and also some switches on board to setup the gain.
So, we can say DDX320 is simpler to use. Here is the photos.

Attachments

• dxx320.jpg
    dxx320.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 419
  • dxx320-2.jpg
    dxx320-2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 409
Hello, Hifimediy(Steinar?)
Does that mean that you will not/can't produce the original design, presented at the beginning of this thread and this is a subtitute for it ? :( If so,that is very bad news..

The LCD display was nice, but it wasn't essential. The biggest loss is the lack of a volume knob, and (potentially) the inability to configure the subwoofer crossover. Otherwise, the sound and functionality ought to be the same.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.