• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Selling TUBES

IN-18 extremely rare NIXIE tubes ON SALE (150 pcs.)

Here on sale super rare nixie tubes IN-18.
The total quantity - 150 tubes.
I can sell not less than 50 tubes (the price for 50 tubes is $1750)
The price for 150 tubes - $5000. Anyone can offer such attractive price!!!
The tubes are brand new and never used, taken directly from the storehouse.
Shipping is free and worldwide. The tubes will be packed extremely careful and sent in several parcels and described as "used tubes" so not to attract customs.

All the questions - bumer.x5@gmail.com or mobile phone 38(050)1734260

This phone number is in Dubrovnik but his profile says Ukraine. Now, call me old fashioned, but I know an awful lot about nixies (I have many 1000s in stock), and I have seen a whole bunch of scams that look like this on eBay and elsewhere. Trust me, IN 18s are not rare if you really want them. Going rate is about USD 35 per tube in lots of 4 or 6.

This gentleman may be honest and true, but caveat emptor! USD 35 each for bulk qty is not a good price, and the huge discount for all 150 at USD 33.33 even less so. On eBay, I think he is seller id don69-andy who have just about OK feedback, but a few recent negatives and no history of IN 18 sales.

Recently we had a scammer claiming to be in Portugal who sold many lots of 6 IN-18s and never delivered.

My advice? Buy from a known reputable supplier like Jan Wuesten (Ask Jan First ® ; electron tubes and more) etc.

Apologies of course if this is all legit and above board.

Last edited:
Just no comments.
Do you really think this was a secret that my ebay account is don69-andy? No...
What do you meant by Dubrovnik? Is it a city or a country? I live in Ukraine and provided a Ukrainian phone. Give me a call and you will believe that I am real :)
What about price. This your choice to buy or not to buy.

As I said in my post very clearly, apologies if this is all genuine. It's not that I don't believe you exist, I'm very sure you do, but speaking to someone on the phone means very little - this is a significant amount of money...

However, the fact remains that IN 18s are a favourite of scammers - I have bought many 100s of tubes from vendors in Eastern Europe with very very few problems, so its not your location that concerns me in the slightest.

Because IN 18s are a popular and high-priced tube, they really do attract trouble! I am sure you're a really good guy, but if you are asking someone to send you USD 5,000 for items that are known to have been used in this way, and are specifying a minimum lot size of 50 tubes with no obvious history of delivering any IN 18s before, then that rings a lot of alarm bells, not just with me.

Why won't you sell them in lots of 4 or 6 (the number in which they are normally used) ? (Typically for clocks HH:MM[:SS])

Note: I got the dialling code bit wrong - +380 is indeed Ukraine, but 38 is the code for Dubrovnik (former Yugoslavia).

Last edited:
Dubrovnik is in Croatia. It's dial code is 020 and dial code for Croatia is +385. So, Nicko, you got it all wrong...
Rats! The reference list I was using was old, and I admit that bit was wrong - but "all wrong"? No.

The core (90%+) of what I said stands up completely. There have been multiple scams over IN 18 tubes in the last year or so, several discussed on the neonixie-l group and elsewhere. Most have centred on eBay sellers, but not all. As I said, I and many others have bought from Eastern Europe with no problems at all, but...

Lets be clear, I'm not saying this is a scam, however there are a number of issues here that ring alarm bells. If the guy is genuine, why not let people buy in smaller quantities as he does on the eBay auctions he has - the financial commitment is then less, and people gain confidence. Why not sell them on eBay? Why even offer IN 18s (a cold-cathode numerical indicator, not an audio tube) here on diyaudio?

Anyway, I've said my bit !

Just for completeness, here's one guy who was selling IN 18s on eBay from the end of last year. They were supposedly to be shipped from the Ukraine by his "business partner".

Read and weep...

eBay Feedback Profile for sisimbr

On neonixie-l, we noticed sisimbr pretty early on - each lot of 6 was "sold" for USD 150, so just adding up the -ve feedback shows at least USD 5,100 scammed in one month on IN 18s from the Ukraine. Good work if you can get it...

Last edited: