• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tas5630+smps+aluminum case finished!new year coming!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Authlxl,

Have you tried the 5616 and 5631 chips and the complimentary TAS3308 / TAS5508 / TAS5518 SoC's?

I read that you are using the Analog Devices ADAU1701 but it would be very cool to investigate what performance gain you could achieve by keeping everything in the digital domain instead of converting to analog to drive the amplifier stage.

I ordered the 5631 EVM board which comes with a TAS5508 onboard but it's currently backordered.

regards,

GREY510

I guess I can ignore that guy's post since I got a working amp.

Hi, Authlxl,
I can't find any info on what is the resistor type of the Blue Alps, but judging from the sound, I think it is plastic, carbon type sounds more warm and fuller.
Also, can u tell me what are the values for the ceramic caps for
c10, c12, c55, c65 and C64,52,40,c7?
And which cap decouples pin64 VDD?
Thanks.

c10, c12, c55, c65 100N/100V tdk ceramic cap x7r
C64,52,40,c7 100N/100V tdk ceramic cap x7r
C5 100N/100V tdk ceramic cap x7r

Hey Authlxl,

Have you tried the 5616 and 5631 chips and the complimentary TAS3308 / TAS5508 / TAS5518 SoC's?

I read that you are using the Analog Devices ADAU1701 but it would be very cool to investigate what performance gain you could achieve by keeping everything in the digital domain instead of converting to analog to drive the amplifier stage.

I ordered the 5631 EVM board which comes with a TAS5508 onboard but it's currently backordered.

regards,

GREY510

we have developed one powered mixer use TAS5504+TAS5261+SMPS,if you like we can change TAS5261 as tas5631.

Warning:

Do not buy from this seller and unnecessarily lose your money. Sells amps which do not work properly. Just lost my money for a scrap.

We have no idea with this friend,we think we come from China a bigger developing country we have more bigger broad-minded and industrious hand ,we make things better and better ,Don't Carry Grudges.

If you purchased from us ,please paste proof here.

if you met plight of life,should tell all of us ,maybe some friends can help you.

Happy DuanWu Festival

Yes,It can be set as mono amp,It can deliver out 300W power/4ohm/0.5%THD,you can chang jump by PBTL mode.
Best sound ,powerfu super bass,clear and excellent treble.

What is the spec. for the tas5615 amp and SMPS .

We have been to the site: Wholesale tas5615 Product-TAS5615 AND SMPS AII IN ONE BOARD

And is interested in buying them. But my Chinese isn't that well. :D

We would like to know what the standby power consumption is for the amp with no signal on the input?

Dear forumers,
I am a new with minimum DIY skills, but have a Behringer DCX2496 to split my stereo to LMH for tri amp. I plan to removed the passive crossover componets later, when I am more sure that the amp will not send any DC to my speakers.

I am considering a 4 units of 5630 to triamp my speakers. 2 unit in PBTL for bass, and 2 unit on stereo for mid & high.

I got this from TI website
1. Set switches S1 and S2 to PBTL
2. short LEFT+ with RIGHT+ and LEFT- with RIGHT- to speaker.

Please help me with these questions -
1. The built in IC has DCP/OVP/OTP protection. This is sufficient to protect the speakers or need to addon other delays & relays?
2. For PBTL bass, I need to use a Y-RCA cable to feed the RCA L+R inputs?
3. Are there swithces clearly marked on the board to set?
4. Short the speaker wires as above?

Thanks in advance for the replies. Best regards.

Hi authlxl! TAS5631 chip please?

Here is a copy of the email I sent to your firm:

a1tall7: Please can you make a Class D AMP using the TAS5631 also? This chip uses digital in for pure digital path: suggest aes/ebu compatible 24 bit /192khz max digital input (but with support for other data input rates such as 16 bit/ 44Khz). This TI chip using pure digital path would be special in the market and many people today wish to maintain digital path until the final speaker output! Also with this amp provide band-pass digital filtering of input signal (using built in equalization capacity of chip?) so that it can be used to active amp speaker drivers and also function as digital crossover/room correction curve (cross-over and equalization frequencies configurable anywhere in the 10-40Khz frequency range. Delay adjustments to maintain the very important phase alignment capacity of all channels.

Then hook up six amps in one box with 1 volume control and remote control (with individual offsets possible for each channel for adjustment purposes) and huge power supply: 4 TAS5631 chips for 8 channels of normal (non-subwoofer loads) and the other two TAS5631 chips for brideged output to 2 subwoofers! Provide 5 discreate digital aes/ebu inputs (10 channel parallel input) to feed the 6 amps for maximum flexibility. NO analogue inputs with their unneeded/unwanted complexity and cost!

Maybe later offer a HDMI decode box that inputs HDMI home theatre standards and that ouputs to 10 channels using aes/ebu digital sdandard!
(again pure digital path)!

Do what Tact Auidio (Tact digital amplifiers and preamplifiers)
did but at 10% of their huge prices and you will dominate the quality pro-audio / home-theater discrete amp market, and greatly expand this market!!

Steven R

Please advise!

Very good recommendations Steven. I to would like a TAS5631 option for all digital system from ADAU1701 dsp to amp, but for now I'm happy with TAS5630.

Maybe later offer a HDMI decode box that inputs HDMI home theatre standards and that ouputs to 10 channels using aes/ebu digital sdandard!

Be aware for an HDMI device to be HDCP compliant it can only have two channel output via digital. Hopefully with HDCP master key out in the wild someone is willing to make compatible product (multi channel digital out) without official HDCP licencing.

Yes , to get around that they can do what Tact did and use a proprietary digital connector (and drop the aes/ebu out ports) if they built a decoder box to plug into a digital only multi-amp box. I meant to specify 15hz-20 Khz, 40 Khz is outside spec for TS5631. I don't know what extension the chip can do beyond 20 Khz.

Very good recommendations Steven. I to would like a TAS5631 option for all digital system from ADAU1701 dsp to amp, but for now I'm happy with TAS5630.

Be aware for an HDMI device to be HDCP compliant it can only have two channel output via digital. Hopefully with HDCP master key out in the wild someone is willing to make compatible product (multi channel digital out) without official HDCP licencing.

Maybe problem of us,we think tas5631 same as TAS5630,only add LC low pass on it,the core same as tas5630,we think tas5630 sound will better than tas5631,of course it is ourself idea,maybe problem.

Pwm DSP Tas3308 or other chip suit for tas5631,but if you use adau1701 or adau1702 as dsp and use tas5630 as amp,we think sound will better.

We are develop one system like sunshine request,now in debuggind,but HDMI have not add.

the amp module have two tas5630 chip,we revised the tas5630 recommand circuit,in this module it can works at full power continued
2X600W/2ohm or 4x300w/4ohm.

The dsp chip is adau1701,so much functions of it ,we have use it 4years,some functions have not skilled yet.

Send pic here

Attachments

• DSCF1985800600.JPG
    DSCF1985800600.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 860
  • DSCF2046800600.JPG
    DSCF2046800600.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 826
  • DSCF2048800600.JPG
    DSCF2048800600.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 802
Last edited:
I Understand what you mean. Instead of finding a way to eliminate the analogue conversion TI just through another (substandard) converter on into the chain for those who want to come in digital first(??!) Not what we want at all! We want what Tact does with direct digital to the amp and then using only that (plus adjustable setting for volume control) to drive the amp output and making the amp the one and only D/A converter in the chain, not multiple conversions!

Maybe problem of us,we think tas5631 same as TAS5630,only add LC low pass on it,the core same as tas5630,we think tas5630 sound will better than tas5631,of course it is ourself idea,maybe problem.

Pwm DSP Tas3308 or other chip suit for tas5631,but if you use adau1701 or adau1702 as dsp and use tas5630 as amp,we think sound will better.

We are develop one system like sunshine request,now in debuggind,but HDMI have not add.

the amp module have two tas5630 chip,we revised the tas5630 recommand circuit,in this module it can works at full power continued
2X600W/2ohm or 4x300w/4ohm.

The dsp chip is adau1701,so much functions of it ,we have use it 4years,some functions have not skilled yet.

Send pic here

New product for audiophile,desk amp,stereo mode,2x100W G100 SERIES list.

Suit for desk amp or studio amp,sound good.

USB CHIP :pCM2902B
AMP CHIP:TAS5613
SMPS:85-265VAC 50 OR 60HZ
Max Power:2x150W/4ohm

The 2.1 version will finish this month!2x50W+1x125w/4ohm rated power,max power 2x75w+1X150w/4ohm.

Have mass produce,pls give good advice.we will send 10PCS as gift for 10 excellent advice provider.

Buy TAS5613, USB AUDIO, SMPS INTEGRATED, 200W TAS5613 USB AUDIO HI-FI CLASS D AMPLIFIER INTEGRATED SMPS at Aliexpress.com

In our plan we will add adau1701 dsp processor in it,so the COAXIAL spdif and OPTICAL spdif and USB will switchable on it,of course the size will bigger .

Attachments

• DSCF1905800600.JPG
    DSCF1905800600.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCF2072800600.JPG
    DSCF2072800600.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 335
  • DSCF1918800600.JPG
    DSCF1918800600.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
You already have great ideas already. A friend of mine already asks for one with SPDIF input.

My suggestions:

Put USB port on back and add switch or knob on front to select between USB and analog. This way people who have it permanently connected to PC do not have to see USB cable all the time.

Add XLR or TRS input to use with professional audio equipment.

For product with DSP add digital out so one can stack many together to make as complex active speaker as they like.

Last edited:
You are looking good!

One thing many of us diy folks like is a high quality capacitor upgrade option and your amps. Have you thought about this?

The 2.1 version will finish this month!2x50W+1x125w/4ohm rated power,max power 2x75w+1X150w/4ohm.

Have mass produce,pls give good advice.we will send 10PCS as gift for 10 excellent advice provider.

Buy TAS5613, USB AUDIO, SMPS INTEGRATED, 200W TAS5613 USB AUDIO HI-FI CLASS D AMPLIFIER INTEGRATED SMPS at Aliexpress.com

In our plan we will add adau1701 dsp processor in it,so the COAXIAL spdif and OPTICAL spdif and USB will switchable on it,of course the size will bigger .

You are looking good!

One thing many of us diy folks like is a high quality capacitor upgrade option and your amps. Have you thought about this?

Merry Christamas!
Thanks for your suggestion,we aimed at high effciency high quality pro audio,we will make lots of excellent sound high efficeincy amp along,we suggest moderate HI-FI.

Pls connect us by mail,authlxl@gmail.com,we will send one G100 to you as gift,Our salesman in lagos(Nigeria)now,he will connect you and send it to you.

Thanks again!

Maybe one last advice-the speaker terminals on the picture you have provided are the worst possible and in my opinion shouldn´t be on any quality audio product- they break easily (the springs inside), they have weak contact and they are almost impossible to use with some bigger diameter cable. I will strongly suggest to use something of higher quality-see attachment.
By the way i was allready asking for the G 100 from my mail 3dlab@email.cz like two months ago but i have been told that i have to wait :)

Attachments

• speaker.jpg
    speaker.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 248
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.