• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tas5630+smps+aluminum case finished!new year coming!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is our product releases and technology forum, not here to promote your product, you can open your own post to sell your products, you have been disruptive here, is simply trying to sell your product, are abhorrent practices.

Now the economy goes bad, requires us to do more innovation, pursuit of long-term development, and not a scam

Now the economy goes bad, requires us to do more innovation, pursuit of long-term development, and not a scam

I have no products to sell. You asked for feedback. That is what you get. I just mention you can make a powerfull amplifier without fan. That is all. If you make an amplifier with fan a lot of DIY will not but it.

I have no products to sell. You asked for feedback. That is what you get. I just mention you can make a powerfull amplifier without fan. That is all. If you make an amplifier with fan a lot of DIY will not but it.

Oh, I can help you with an ad, don't think of others to make money by cheating, we are engaged in technology, boasting is not long term behavior.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    670 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I am only selling in Denmark and I am only having a revenue of 500 - 1000 $ every year.
This is a store where I sell my leftovers (This you can also read on the front page). I am not trying to sell my products instead of yours. If you would make an TPA3255 amplifier with no fan, and no PSU. Then I will be the first to buy. I only point out, that a fan is not neccesary and is a no-go for most hifi enthusiasts.

If you have accusations like this - please contact me directly or moderators.

authlxl, is the G3H going to get an upgraded PSU to address the noises Kjeldsen is experiencing? From his descriptions, this can't be acceptable?

Kjeldsen, can you post an audio clip so we can hear how loud it is? Thanks!

We have cleared many times,it is standby green energy noise,

Only heard with G3H amp module,because this shake frequency below 20khz,within hearing range.

If you put your ear near to transformer about 20cm you can hear the noise when amp standby,you can not hear this when playing .

Kjeldsen order one completed amp with aluminum case, you can not heard noise with your ear. If they can hear big noise with completed amp with case,this amp fault! No music out indeed.

Switch mode PSU apply heard noise sometime,due to transformer core shake,we can decrease it,but can not forbid it.

Different running mode have different noise ,some can be heard,some out of our hearing range.

If we use normal low frequency 50-60hz transformer to make Psu ,this issue will be disappeared.

Thanks for your suggestions

Last edited:
The noise is there both in standby (worst in standby - it can be really loud - but not always) and when playing. You can hear it several meters away. You can hear even when you play loud.

I have found one way to get the noise down. I turn the amplifier on and off several times. Sometimes I just have to do it once, other times I have to do it three times.

Some noise is ok if its very low, but noise from this amp is not, and it's not consistent. I will try to make a recording. I have a measurement microphone that I have to set-up. My phone don't record the noise well, because it's to high in frequency.

G3H - - not "Feb". Stupid autocorrect.

About power supply noise: I can only hear a buzz with my ear up to the amp enclosure.

Hello, jhoyt.

you are right, there is ver light buzz noise when you near to the transfomer. it is ferrite core shake noise when standby, within hearing range , it should normal status with this PSU unit,some of our larger power PSU have not this noise, because the ferrite core shake frequency over hearing range.

Summary on application of G3H tpa3251 amo module

G3H is a classic design now, structures and ideas based on the popular G300V21, the same power supply, optimize materials, improve the 10% efficiency of the power supply unit, output power up to 350W. To support the power of 300W audio applications.

Sounds very good, stable and suitable for professional products, shortcomings of standby transformer audible vibration noise.

We have revise G3H three times now, current version is the final version, maybe small point need change later, ther will be no big changes later.

TPA3255 amplifier module G6H

We have already developed quite a long time to start TPA3255 power amplifiers project, has been testing EVM, familiar with its performance, understand the advantages and disadvantages

Experiments and applications, we confirmed the chip advanced performance, dominating the high end HIFI market.

Our development goals:

First of all is to ensure reliable operation of the full power, TPA3255 frequency PWM operation up to 625KHz, 630W power output 10%THD+N, in our opinion, this is the greatest advantage of this chip.

Second design for the power supply and amplifier integration modules to facilitate users in various professional applying, customers use only powered access signal, connect the speakers, then can hear ultrahigh definition sound.
110V and 220V AC power automatic switch, ensure that the magnitude of customer applications, also avoids the use of PFC unit audio noise and EMI pollution.

Third using appropriate fittings, ensure the high quality of products, most of the peripheral device we used Chinese-made, under the premise of ensuring high performance, for the sake of customers, and cost savings.

Based on the above objectives through multiple amendments, G6H amplifier is finally up.

Has all the advantage TPA3255 stereo, high power density, compact size, light weight, beautiful sound.

Description

TPA3255 is a high performance class-D power amplifier that enables true premium sound quality with class-D efficiency. It features an advanced integrated feedback design and proprietary high-speed gate driver error correction (PurePath™ Ultra-HD). This technology allows ultra low distortion across the audio band and superior audio quality. The device is operated in AD-mode, and can drive up to 2 × 315 W into 4-Ω load at 10% THD and 2 × 150 W unclipped into 8-Ω load and features a 2 VRMS analog input interface that works seamlessly with high performance DACs such as TI’s PCM5242. In addition to excellent audio performance, TPA3255 achieves both high power efficiency and very low power stage idle losses below 2.5W. This is achieved through the use of 85 mΩ MOSFETs and an optimized gate driver scheme that achieves significantly lower idle losses than typical discrete implementations.

Features

Differential Analog Inputs
Total Output Power at 10%THD+N
315-W Stereo into 4 Ω in BTL Configuration
185-W Stereo into 8 Ω in BTL Configuration
600-W Mono into 2 Ω in PBTL Configuration

Total Output Power at 1%THD+N
260-W Stereo into 4 Ω in BTL Configuration
150-W Stereo into 8 Ω in BTL Configuration
480-W Mono into 2 Ω in PBTL Configuration

Advanced Integrated Feedback Design with High-speed Gate Driver Error Correction (PurePath™ Ultra-HD)

Signal Bandwidth up to 100 kHz for High Frequency Content From HD Sources

Ultra Low 0.006% THD+N at 1 W into 4 Ω and <0.01% THD+N to Clipping

>65 dB PSRR (BTL, 1 kHz, No Input Signal)

<85 µV (A-Weighted) Output Noise

>111 dB (A Weighted) SNR

Click and Pop Free Startup and Stop

90% Efficient Class-D Operation (4 Ω)

Wide 18-V to 53.5V Supply Voltage Operation

Self-Protection Design (Including Undervoltage, Overtemperature, Clipping, and Short Circuit Protection) With Error Reporting

EMI Compliant When Used With Recommended System Design

Last edited:
So what is the price you're calling for this amp? At what maximum ambient temperature this amp is safe to operate?

Ultra Low 0.006% THD+N at 1 W into 4 Ω and <0.01% THD+N to Clipping
>65 dB PSRR (BTL, 1 kHz, No Input Signal)
<85 µV (A-Weighted) Output Noise
>111 dB (A Weighted) SNR
Is this from your own measurements?

Edit:

The whole "feature" block is just copied from the datasheet. So whats the real performance of your implementation?

Last edited:
So what is the price you're calling for this amp? At what maximum ambient temperature this amp is safe to operate?

Is this from your own measurements?

Edit:

The whole "feature" block is just copied from the datasheet. So whats the real performance of your implementation?

Now we only provide customer test samples, prices are not to disclose, 600W/40hm continuous working temperature is below 55 degrees.

Output parameters and DATDAsheet are basically the same.

G6H amp test sample start shipping

G6H test samples are available for sale at cost price.inlucde shipping price

We shipped in the payment order,

Have any questions after receiving the goods,
check the forum for feedback.

Some reminders:

1) AMP module only , without aluminum case like G3H.

2) Module net weight 1.05Kg, dimensions :210mm(L)x145mm(W)X40mm(H)

3)Proaudio design, support continous full power long-time working.

4)PSU unit support 110V/220V automatic switch,main technology is high efficiency LLC, support 230V AC applications.no hearing idle transformer noise.

5)First version user manual ship together with products.

Last edited:
My hifi input. Fan is no-go in a hifi power amplifier. I have a very powerfull class D amplifiers without fan. I have had up to 400 watt 8 ohm without fan. No I have 500 watt 2 ohm with no fan and only very small heatsink.

I you could make a version with no fan and no PSU, then I think that would be a good option

FYI for future design possibilities: TPA3255 supports pre-filter PBTL mode, so with 2 mono IC's you could get twice the power dissipating area and half of the current density. That should make it possible to reduce the cooling requirements and lower chip temperature significantly.

IMHO fans can be OK if thermostatically controlled. Audio signals have 6-9dB crest factor, and while continuous sine power tests are good for checking reliability they are very unrealistic overkill for real audio. The fan should not be needed unless the amp is really cranking out high power into 4 Ohm speakers.

Does this amp run the fan all the time or just "on-demand"?

Does this amp run the fan all the time or just "on-demand"?

I looked back through the thread and saw that you have already answered my fan question in post #568:

"About Fan cooling system in G6H module,it is auto control mode ,only start fan running when heatsink temperature exceed the setting value,we can set default value as 40deg or 50deg or 60deg."

Sounds like a good solution to me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.