• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Does anyone need custom power/output transformer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can order toroidal transformer build by you own specs.
All transformers are carefully hand wired at Tornado factory in Ukraine.

For example power tranny for 100W guitar tube amp (Plate, bias, heater voltages) would cost about 80-100 USD + shipping to US about 20-25 USD.

Higher power rating are better priced)

Here is mine 600VA power transformer for 6x6550 amp( cost me 180$ ) /crappy cell phone photo/
27112009.jpg

on a test board:
11012010001.jpg

some other transformers:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For output transformer you should specify Plate-to-Plate load, B+ voltage, Power rating, Bandwidth, Secondary winding configuration etc.. I can help you with calculations..

So, if you are interested just PM me, I give you all detailed info..

Have a Nice Day!

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
I must add to this thread.

I have, for multiple trasformers, taken advantage from lem8r's source of poer /output transformers.

Here are some pics:

low voltage high current toroidals for large transimitting tubes, huge mercury rectifiers and HV transformer for all high voltages in a gu81m amp.
The construction is flawless, the transformers are exceptionally good underr load and show both low vdrop and excellent symmetry.

I will be using the output transformers too. I will then post frequency response plots to check the quality.
Lem8r is a great guy and will be a perfect middleman (if required).

240320120011.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.