• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Have you ever seen this braiding?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone!

I'm am curious if anyone has seen braiding like this on cables before. We hand braid 10 silver-coated copper oxide-free multi-strand conductors. 24 AWG.

We currently we do an RCA interconnect, Single-wire speaker cable, and an AC power cord.

Like some feedback. Thanks

Frank

Attachments

• Braiding 1.JPG
    Braiding 1.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 498
  • Mar - Blacksheep RCA Interconnect.jpg
    Mar - Blacksheep RCA Interconnect.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 474
  • Hecules 1.JPG
    Hecules 1.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 460
  • Venus - Blacksheep Speaker Cable.jpg
    Venus - Blacksheep Speaker Cable.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 452
  • Mars Volta - Blacksheep RCA interconnect.jpg
    Mars Volta - Blacksheep RCA interconnect.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 444
This braiding method ends up with the braids that look like chains linked together. I'll try to get some better close ups.

It's based a very old traditional braiding style. There a thousands of different ways to braid 3 to 16 wires, ours is just one. I haven't seen anything else out there like it. Anybody else? The braiding virtually cancels out all EMI.

Frank

Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Frank. I have been living in Bangkok for about 5 years but am back home in upstate NY for the holidays.

My sister-in-law, who is Thai, is an audiophile. She really knows her stuff. She started started doing cables about a year ago. She asked me to help her market her cables about six month ago. So we started Blacksheep cable.

I am not an audiophiler (?), I am a business man. Now, before you all condemn me for that last statement, let me give you some back ground on myself. I love my music. I played trumpet for 12 years and also play some piano and guitar. I lived in New Orleans for 7 years and was hired to open up a blues bar. If you ever go down to NOLA, check out the Dragon's Den at 435 Esplanade. Still going today. Red velt walls, huge antique mirrors, accoustic blues. It actually use to be a brothel. I owned a nightclub as well for a short time. Tell you honestly, really loud rap music was not my thing.

The last 6 months have been a learning experience. I know way too much about cables now. I am now 1 of 3 people who can braid our cables. Yes, they are all handmade.

I am a business man. We make a really quality product for a good price. We are not flashy. We use wire from a Thai company that offers mid-grade to high-end wire. We use the mid-grade. We use Neutrik RCA plugs. We offer with cable sleeving or without. Without is cheaper. We will clean up the finished product. Our packing is nothing fancy, but it is functional and looks decent. Will post pictures soon. When she started this, she wasn't thinking packaging.

We have been on the market in Thailand for about 6 month now. We offer a 7 day money back gaurentee. Take 'em home, burn 'em, test 'em for a few days. Doesn't suit you? Bring 'em back. Pretty simple. No one has returned them yet. Just had a Buddhist Monk buy our Mars interconnect, Venus speaker cables, and Hercules AC power cord. You'd be supprised how much the monks enjoy their music!

I am not a salesman. I do not like sales. I can speak English well, my sister-in-law cannot. I was coming home for the holidays, she was not. So, here I am trying to find some stores to place the cables in. What I have done so far is get 2 audiophile societies in NYC and 1 in NJ to test our cables and give us a review.

So, anyone know of any small audio hi-fi shop that would be open to a new brand, let me know.

Aside from that, looking for any other feedback or input.

Frank

"A specific form of the Solid Core Cable is the so called "Litzendraht" a braid made from individually insulated (enameled) conductors.
True "Litzendraht" (Litz-wire) is braided similar to Kimber Cable and was originally invented by Nicola Tesla WAY BACK in time. Modern realisations are often called "Hyper-Litz" arrangements, why the "Hyper-Litz" I do not know.
Because these cables eschew the braiding and instead use simple parallel wires, they loose the Litzwire's advantage of canceling the wires magnetic field to a good degree.... " - from the article - The naked truth about speaker-cables

Our braiding is based upon this principle that the actual braiding of the wires cancels out the individual wires EMI. We tried many styles and braiding patterns before settling on this one.

Frank

Hello everyone,

My name is Frank. I have been living in Bangkok for about 5 years but am back home in upstate NY for the holidays.

My sister-in-law, who is Thai, is an audiophile. She really knows her stuff. She started started doing cables about a year ago. She asked me to help her market her cables about six month ago. So we started Blacksheep cable.

I am not an audiophiler (?), I am a business man. Now, before you all condemn me for that last statement, let me give you some back ground on myself. I love my music. I played trumpet for 12 years and also play some piano and guitar. I lived in New Orleans for 7 years and was hired to open up a blues bar. If you ever go down to NOLA, check out the Dragon's Den at 435 Esplanade. Still going today. Red velt walls, huge antique mirrors, accoustic blues. It actually use to be a brothel. I owned a nightclub as well for a short time. Tell you honestly, really loud rap music was not my thing.

The last 6 months have been a learning experience. I know way too much about cables now. I am now 1 of 3 people who can braid our cables. Yes, they are all handmade.

I am a business man. We make a really quality product for a good price. We are not flashy. We use wire from a Thai company that offers mid-grade to high-end wire. We use the mid-grade. We use Neutrik RCA plugs. We offer with cable sleeving or without. Without is cheaper. We will clean up the finished product. Our packing is nothing fancy, but it is functional and looks decent. Will post pictures soon. When she started this, she wasn't thinking packaging.

We have been on the market in Thailand for about 6 month now. We offer a 7 day money back gaurentee. Take 'em home, burn 'em, test 'em for a few days. Doesn't suit you? Bring 'em back. Pretty simple. No one has returned them yet. Just had a Buddhist Monk buy our Mars interconnect, Venus speaker cables, and Hercules AC power cord. You'd be supprised how much the monks enjoy their music!

I am not a salesman. I do not like sales. I can speak English well, my sister-in-law cannot. I was coming home for the holidays, she was not. So, here I am trying to find some stores to place the cables in. What I have done so far is get 2 audiophile societies in NYC and 1 in NJ to test our cables and give us a review.

So, anyone know of any small audio hi-fi shop that would be open to a new brand, let me know.

Aside from that, looking for any other feedback or input.

Frank

Looks like machine work to me, sounds like a sales man too!

BTW, thats WAY to much wire for the rca's, i bet the impedance and capacitance is VERY HIGH! To much wire for sure.!

I'll take it as a compliment to the craftmanship involved. I gaurentee you this is all handbraided. It's really not as difficult as it looks. Check out our website www.blacksheep.com and see our LCR test results. Surprisingly low or they would not be very marketable.

Should I have to tell you there are some grounds mixed in there? By mixing in the grounds between the conductors, it spaces out the actual conductors, thus also lowering the EMI effect.

I do appreciate the feedback!

Frank

And this sounds like you don't like the competition.

Magura :)

:eek: yeah! Go look on ebay, look at all the hong-kong cables made, i actually bought a set last year to look at, and well they actually are 5$ cables sold for 99$ and more, the ends are garbage, and the cable inside was garbage.

It's a tough world out there to sell cables now, hence why i don't have any markup, i only started because i was bored at home and planet10 introduced a few ideas to me, so i made some and they were popular.

Thanks for the support, comments, and links. Checked them out. Jena does a nice job, although they do a flat braiding. I think the fluted column braid is the closest I've seen to what we do.

jleaman, I certainly understand you skeptisism (sp?) and it sounds like you got ripped off from Hong Kong. Obviously you would never buy another product from them again. That is so far from what we want. We actually have a guy who has now bought 7 interconnects from us because his friends ask him where he got his. That's the kind of business we'd like to build on. That's why I would prefer to test them with the Audiophile Societies and clubs. These are the people who love their music and care about the sound. I'd prefer to have honest feedback from an individual than a store who is concerned about the bottom line.

I've pretty much told you exactly what goes into our cables. Of course I never said how many grounds we use or what our braiding pattern is. Our 7 day money back guarantee says we believe in the quality of our products.

I would never say that we originated cable braiding because we all know that it's not true. We came up with a braiding method that has good results. Thats all..

Frank

Frank,

Good luck with the sale of your cables, I think we strayed a wee bit here in your thread so I'll try and steer clear from now on. Email and tell me which posts you would like to see removed.

Jason,

Good luck with your cables too.

Just had a good conversation with Frank, might team up and work together :)

Jase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.