• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

High end enclosure chassis available soon at Minisemi.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yeah but shipping would kill, and the machine work would be even more LOL! I bet you had a friend or access to a cnc & lay-th ?

Your chassis look good, the ones from minisemi, are going to be small :(

shipping to canada probably would be expensive. At the time it cost about 30 bucks UPS ground but I live in a neighboring state. More recently, USPS introduced flat rate priority mail shipping which is a great way to ship chunks of aluminum inexpensively within the US.

No CNC - all hand done - but I do have access to a lathe and milling machine in the student machine shop.

shipping to canada probably would be expensive. At the time it cost about 30 bucks UPS ground but I live in a neighboring state. More recently, USPS introduced flat rate priority mail shipping which is a great way to ship chunks of aluminum inexpensively within the US.

No CNC - all hand done - but I do have access to a lathe and milling machine in the student machine shop.

Id love 2 cases :) LOL if i had money id totally get some one to RND & cnc me a really nice case :( BAH!

The official enclosure choose for production

This prototype just finish!This is official enclosure choose for production, this model and dimension will be 120mm(4.73)Heigh by 180mm(7.1) by 280mm(11.02) a bigger enclosure will be offer in February or march!:)

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 465
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 448
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 405
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 401
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 394
I forgot to mention that this unit is not powder coated or brushed,will have picture soon completly finish!Forthe price will be around 349USD per unit,this is a very custom built and high quality of fabrication and all Canadian made!:)

maybe 299$ ? got any pictures of the rear panel ?

OK, now that price has been announced, wasn't the equivalent Hexateq chassis 250 Euro (~$350US) shipped, while Minisemi is $350US + shipping?

I was under the impression there would be a more substantial savings here.

I know, :9 a bit steep, your in Canada so you ask for us currency :( I'll just stick to ebay Had my hopes up for a reasonable price.

Is the chassis mill out of a solid block or just aluminum pieces bolted together? 350usd is rather high for the normal chip amp projects or even high end dac or preamps with input selectors.. the cost of the chassis would easilt be over 50% of the cost for the entire project. Esp when it is constantly being compareda against hexteq at the same price shipped

He does say high end in the topic. I don't think $350 is too bad, the quality looks in excess of what Hexateq have, once this is brushed it will look great.

I've been trying to buy a Hexateq for weeks, no luck, so maybe that option is out of the window anyway.

Almost ready for production

Hey guys!

Here some pics of the pre-production(In natural aluminum),other pics of the unit powder coated will appear this week,very solid unit that you can carry every where once you amps,pre-amps,DACS will be finish,precision machining by programming CNC.If you are interest in a unit in natural aluminum that you can polish,powder coat by yourself i have these left(Special 259USD included knob.)Ready to ship!

But has i mention the powder coated unit pics will be post here during this week(by friday).The website(index minisemi) will be also and almost finish but for the begening i will start to sale on Ebay(minisemi_electronics).Specification
are attach with this post,and other dimension will be available once this all start,best wishes,Luc.

Attachments

• boitier_audio_diy.pdf
    33.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 397
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 404
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 374
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 372
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 180
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.