• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

HLLY HIGH END DMK-IV USB DAC Headphone AMP Pre-AMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Feature:

1. USB, Coaxial, Optical DAC

2. Analog Pre-amplifier

3. Analog/ Digital Headphone amplifier

4. High quality Sounds (AD797 & Good design Circuit)

5. Top Grade VFD Displayer

Technical Specification:

1. Standard input connector: SPDIF, Coaxial, USB, Analog Input (CMC RCA connectors).
2. Input Frequency: 44.1,48,96KHz/16/24Bit auto-recognized.
3. SNR: >115Db.
4. Dynamic Range: 110Db.
5. THD+N: 1KHz%0.0006.
6. Frequency response: 20-20KHz.
7. DAC power:<18W.
8. Headphone out power: 300R/300mW.
9. Dimensions: 200*310*60mm.
10.Weight: 2.6 Kg.
11. Packing Size: 320 * 230 * 120mm

This is the detail picture of DMK-IV

With no mention of chip set and topology and some very obscure pics of the board, what do you expect? There are hundreds of similar and similarly priced products, what distinguishes yours?

Hello hllyelec!

This unit really seems to be a good offer. Your informations about the parts you used are very interesting, but unfortunately all this says nothing about the sound, and this is of course what matters the most.
I'm pretty sure that you have been listening to many other DACs with different chips and that you could tell us something about your honest oppinion about the sonic signature of your DAC. How do you think it sounds, compared to DACs with, say, a Burr Brown 2702, a PCM58 perhaps, or, much more important to me, a TDA1541 in NOS-mode?
And I mean not only with headphones, but in a nice home-stereo setup.

Is the analog output coupled with capacitors or is it dc-coupled?
What is the value of the output impedance of the analog output stage?

One thing I would love to see in the future would be a very simple remote control unit for volume adjustment, and the option of a black front plate ;-) But that's only cosmetics. As said before, the sound is what really matters.

Regards!
martin

Last edited:
Good questions!

Hello hllyelec!

This unit really seems to be a good offer. Your informations about the parts you used are very interesting, but unfortunately all this says nothing about the sound, and this is of course what matters the most.
I'm pretty sure that you have been listening to many other DACs with different chips and that you could tell us something about your honest oppinion about the sonic signature of your DAC. How do you think it sounds, compared to DACs with, say, a Burr Brown 2702, a PCM58 perhaps, or, much more important to me, a TDA1541 in NOS-mode?
And I mean not only with headphones, but in a nice home-stereo setup.

Is the analog output coupled with capacitors or is it dc-coupled?
What is the value of the output impedance of the analog output stage?

One thing I would love to see in the future would be a very simple remote control unit for volume adjustment, and the option of a black front plate ;-) But that's only cosmetics. As said before, the sound is what really matters.

Regards!
martin

Well, good questions!
Yes, we have been listening to many other DACs with different chips, But I think the chip is not most important, the design is most important, also the capacitors is also very important!

About the sound of DMK-IV, We compared with some other DAC from china, no other similar DAC product is better than DMK-IV, the high frequency is pretty good, I can not describe it well here, Hope some user will make a good review in the forums! The analog output is coupled with capacitors (Nichicon KZ capacitors)

Regards

HLLY Electronics

We do not spam any email!
Thanks

Yes you do !!!

Just today I receive from info@www.hllyelectronics.com this email:

Huge assortment solely for You - <a href="http://webjb.netau.net/djguedin/5896jk9.php">Get Right now</a> <br> <style>[Y2v7iLGDp[Xy^mCWpI/BrL~Y&;V</style>

This was sent to my email address which I have only used for communication with yourselves!!

Please dont try to deny - it only makes you look worse!

Yes you do !!!

Just today I receive from info@www.hllyelectronics.com this email:

Huge assortment solely for You - <a href="http://webjb.netau.net/djguedin/5896jk9.php">Get Right now</a> <br> <style>[Y2v7iLGDp[Xy^mCWpI/BrL~Y&;V</style>

This was sent to my email address which I have only used for communication with yourselves!!

Please dont try to deny - it only makes you look worse!

So sorry, it is the system error!

Sorry!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.