• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tapped horn for car posted on DIYAUDIO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok Here Goes The Pitch

I did a rough calc on time plus material on a flat pack 1/2" MDF version of this enclosure.

$60 plus shipping.

Why MDF lets face it it is mainly for a car. Most of us will carpet it or spray it with bed liner. I'll do this over the weekend and post a pic or two.

Flat pack includes a CD of how to assemble the little beast. Step by step pictures to guide the bass starved savage beast. All lines on the top and bottom plate traced out. Tab A fits into slot B. All pieces cut to fit and annotated as in part a...... you get the idea. All angles bisected and ready to fit together. As cookie cutter as is humanly possible.

You supply tape, glue and a wire mounting cup. Weather stripping is required for sealing the drivers to the baffles and if you plan on getting back into the box one day.

Want Baltic birch add $18

Want it assembled with a connector cup:

MDF $100

Baltic Birch $118

If this thread is still a Mark only enterprise you can e-mail me directly from the forum link to the left.

Mark

edit: one day I have to teach my fingers to let go of the shift key at the right time.

What the plans include

Wiring schematic is included.

As it is to be used mostly in a car there is usually the requred x-over either on the amp driving it or the head unit. But if you don't have either here is a link to something very economical:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=266-440

You will find something there to work for you guaranteed. And you cannot buy the parts for a x-over cheaper never mind put it together for less.

Mark

Re: Ok Here Goes The Pitch

mwmkravchenko said:
I did a rough calc on time plus material on a flat pack 1/2" MDF version of this enclosure.

Sounds like good deals, though if it were me I'd change this statement to include the drivers: "You supply tape, glue and a wire mounting cup." Sad to say, but in today's 'world' it's hard to over CYA even by stating the obvious.

GM

Stupid is as stupid duzz

$60 plus shipping.

Why MDF lets face it it is mainly for a car. Most of us will carpet it or spray it with bed liner. I'll do this over the weekend and post a pic or two.

Flat pack includes a CD of how to assemble the little beast. Step by step pictures to guide the bass starved savage beast. All lines on the top and bottom plate traced out. Tab A fits into slot B. All pieces cut to fit and annotated as in part a...... you get the idea. All angles bisected and ready to fit together. As cookie cutter as is humanly possible.

You supply tape, glue and a wire mounting cup and 2 pieces Creative Sound Solutions SDX7. Weather stripping is required for sealing the drivers to the baffles and if you plan on getting back into the box one day.

Want Baltic birch add $18

Want it assembled with a connector cup:

MDF $100

Baltic Birch $118

Mark

P.S. Thanks GM

The specs are here:

Hi Dave

The full info including pics and frequency response is in this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1850643#post1850643

The posts from #6 on detail the deign and testing of the small box.
The box is 13.25" x 16.5" x 9". Pretty small. There are pics of construction and pics with drink cans for scale and a pic of some bald guy holding the little puppy. There are also a ton of pics on photobucket that I did not post.

http://s407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/mwmkravchenko/

You can look at the other pics if you so desire. As for my scale I'm 6' 240lbs. The box is officially diminutive next to the old Tuba 18 I was driving.
If you have any other questions you know where to find me.

Mark

As promised the SDX7 for a better price

It seems that a better price can be obtained for the SDX7.

Here's how

With a plan CD that tells all.

$90/driver x 2 = 180 ( Drivers plus greatly expanded plan )

With a flat pack box plus plan CD

85/ driver x 2 = 170 + flat pack $60 (MDF) or $78 (Baltic Birch) = $230 (MDF) or $248 (Baltic Birch)

With a box all spiffy as above

80/ driver x 2 = 160 + box of your choice MDF $100 or Baltic Birch $118

Total $260 ( MDF) or $278 ( Baltic Birch )

All the above is + shipping to wherever you reside however you choose. Parcel post or courier. Your choice. And it is just that shipping costs only + box + padding + packing plus the fee for transport. No additional handling.

Mark

Trio 8 when and where

The rough idea of the Trio 8 works out like this. It's rough because I don't have a box design that is down pat yet.

The plan CD will be $10 and the two Trio 8's with the plan CD come up to $170 plus shipping as before stated.

The trio 8's with a flat pack box will be cheaper and the two Trio 8's with a box will be cheaper.

No smoke and mirrors I am absorbing some of the cost of the trio 8's when I sell a flat pack or finished box. That way I get a bit of money for the box and someone gets a better price on the driver.

As for how much a box would cost when I make one I can tell you.

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.