• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Where are these caps used?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Was having a bit of a rummage through some out-of-date electrolytics, and came across a few of these:

(see pic)

They're 7500uF + 7500uF dual section electrolytics @ 25V

I've dug around, and apart from one uninformative catalogue reference and one Google hit on someone selling some NOS ITT parts of the same value, I can't find out anything about what equipment they were originally used in.

The ones I found were from 2003, so there must have been some ongoing use for them.....

Someone must know....!!!

Any information gratefully received.

Cheers,

Matt

Attachments

• 7500x7500_25v.gif
    7500x7500_25v.gif
    98 KB · Views: 273
i am guessing that the connections are two positive leads and one negative lead. if so it would probably be for a dual power supply, like a +12/+5V supply, or for a pi section filter with a choke between the two positive terminals, the power supply on one side and the load on the other.

Afaik, Fischer & Tausche used to be the only remaining manufacturer of low voltage dual section electrolytics on this (in)continent in 1K9.

Their LFAX is a general use 105C type, mainly to save space, same goes for the higher voltage LFAZ range.
Electrolytics have become much smaller, no use for duallies i suppose.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.