• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Cristi, i'm electronic engineer, specialized in SMPS and Power Electronics and owner of the domain connexelectronic.com I will be pleased to answer to your questions regarding this products.
Few things about this site:
I made the website few months ago, so is still new, and the main products which i sell are audio kits and modules, automation, motor control, and power supplies. Later i will add more products, as soon as i will make new designs. All the boards sold on my website are designed by me and produced in our small workshop, no outsourcing. We use only the best quality components available, purchased from reliable sources and tested before assembly, knowing the fact that most of the products coming from this corner of the world are everything but original or what they claim to be,
I also sell some components, some of them harder to find and specialized (like IPM's for AC Drives, transistors for audio, or MCU's). We use Paypal as default payment method, but on request, we can use other payment methods as well.
Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me, here, pm, or email connexelectronic()gmail.com

Last edited:
jazzy939 said:
hi cnx!
I have been to your website. Not bad!
Anyway welcome to the board... the more the merrier! ;)

Thanx.

As i said before, i want to add more products soon, protucts which are in development stage right now. Will be few more Class D and Class T amplifiers, some of them with embeded SMPS, and also some separate SMPS for audio.

Any suggestions are welcome. Later i want to make some interactive projects, users which will participate at development, will get their boards for free.

You're welcome cnx.
Its good to know you're accommodating for the needs of your customers and I look forward to your new products.
I would also be interested to participate in the development of your 'projects', time permitting that is.. :D

cnx said:

Thanx.

As i said before, i want to add more products soon, protucts which are in development stage right now. Will be few more Class D and Class T amplifiers, some of them with embeded SMPS, and also some separate SMPS for audio.

Any suggestions are welcome. Later i want to make some interactive projects, users which will participate at development, will get their boards for free.

Few characteristics for TA3020:
Nominal Output Power: 230W at 4Ohm or 120W at 8Ohm with THD < 0.1% at VCC +- 54V
"Audiophile” Sound Quality 100W at 4Ohm or 50W at 8Ohm wit THD <0.02%
Maximum Output Power: 300W at 4Ohm or 150W at 8Ohm with THD < 1% at VCC +- 60V
Efficiency up to 95% @ 150W @ 8Ohm or 90% @ 275W @ 4Ohm

Power supply requirements: VCC +- 42 to 62 Volts. Do not supply the board with less than +- 40 V, it will not work due to the undervoltage lockout, and also do not supply with more than +- 64, it will not work due to overvoltage lockout, and if the voltage is higher than +- 68V can damage the IC, voltage regulators, MOS-FET's. Best results can achieve with power supply voltage in range of +-48 to +- 60V.
The board includes the housekeeping supply, the VNN+10V and the +5V supply. This voltages are made from the main voltage, thru 2 buck converters. The +5V is accessible on the small signal connector, as ca be used to power the other input stages, relay protection or the cooling fan. notice that the current which can be draw should not exceed 500mA.
The BBM setting is set for 80nS, the user can change this value by shorting the solder pads on the bottom layer of the pcb, between the IC pins. To increase efficiency and decrease dissipated power, can set the BBM to 120 nS.
Although i tested with 40 nS, I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMEND TO SET THE BBM TO 40nS OR 0nS SINCE THIS CAN LEAD TO FAILURE. Please read the IC datasheet for more details about this.
Mute pin: if is connected to +5V will mute the amplifier, left free or connected to GND will unmute.
Mute Out is Mute status indicator, can drive a LED or an MCU to show the status of the amplifier. In normal operation the value will be 0V. in case of over/under voltage fault or overcurrent fault this pin will toggle to 5V indicating the fault condition. to reset, toggle the Mute pin to +5V and after GND and if the fault does not persist the amplifier will work normally.

For long time opperation the amplifier requires a cooling fan, the size which will fit directely on top of the heatsink is standard 60x60 mm. I recomend to use a 5V model, since u can power from +5V out. The heatsing have already drilled holes with M3 screw for this type of fan.

For connection, i attach the PCB silkscreen with pinout explanations. Any questions, please ask.

Attachments

• ta3020 connection.pdf
    21.7 KB · Views: 963
DA-1 questions?

Hi CNX,

I hope these questions are not too dumb. I don't want to connect anything wrongly when my module arrives, I'm just looking at the DA-1 silkscreen.

At the left hand side of the PCB diagram I can see:

[-fan+] is this a sensor to signal a fan? Or is this power out to the fan?

after that I see:

[RIN G LIN] I presume this is the audio signal in?

After that I can see:

[-12v G +12v] Do I need to supply 12v rails to this? Or is it 12v rails output?

In the middle of the silkscreen I can see:

[PVCC 12v-75v] Does this mean I can connect between 12v and 75v power supply? Which is the positive rail and which is the minus rail?

[GND] this is the 0v?

[PVCC 12v-75v] (positive or minus?)

and then

[ROUT2] Is this the speaker out, which is positive and which is minus?

[ROUT1] (which is positive and which is minus?)

[LOUT2] (which is positive and which is minus?)

[LOUT1] (which is positive and which is minus?)

cheers,
col.

No worries, i will explain

Fan + - are connected to +12V aux. supply, there will be connected the fan for cooling.
Input signal is on a small screw conector between those 2 yellow capacitors, the arrangement is Input L, GND, Input R.
+12 V is the aux. voltage which need to be supplied for the Amplifier in order to work properly. this is for control stage and drivers. It should be regulated and well filtered, the performance of the amplifier depends on this. For regulation can use a LM7812 3 pins Voltage regulator, which is easy to find and cheap. Filtering capacitor at least 2200uF.
Pvcc. the final stage supply. amplifier start working at about 12V, with output power very small, arround 10W. For maximum performance i recommend 70-75VDC regulated supply with at least 12A current capability. the fiter capacitor should be at least 22000uF for maximum performance. A thoroidal transformer can be also used, with output voltage in the same range, but the maximum performances will not be achieved without voltage regulation. Also need to be carefull at maximum voltage which should not be over 78V in any circumstances, otherwise the amplifier may be damaged. the maximum voltage of gate drivers is 80V. !!! Soon will be available a SMPS for this amplifier.
THere are 2 pins for Pvcc (70-75V) and one for GND between them.

Amplifier topology is Full-Bridge, so the load is BTL (Bridge tight load). In other words one stereo amplifier consist of 4 power stages and the loads are connected at the outputs of 2 stages. the Load in NOT connected to GND. !!! Please pay attention to this. LOut1 and LOut2 left loudspeaker and ROut1 and ROut2 right loudspeaker. Speakers does not have any connection to GND.
I tried to attacht the description but i cannot, it says limit 102kB.

pdf sent to your email already, pls check.
is enough a simple regulated power supply for 12V which consist of transformer, (8-10W) which will provide 15-20 V AC, rectifier diodes or bridge, filtering capacitor, at least 2200uF at 25-50V, LM7812 voltage regulator and some small caps close to his pins.
for main voltage can use a thoroidal transformer with rectifier and filter caps, but for maximum performance as i mentioned before, the voltage should be ragulated. better use a SMPS. if the voltage is unregulated, can experience big voltage drops at high power level, since the voltage/current ratio required for this amp is low, which means the power supply need to have very low impedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.