• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRAudAmp7

Hi CNX,
How does one scale up the IRAudAmp7 for higher power. Is it just by raising the supply voltage ? Does it need additional power transistors and change in some component values ?

Hope you will have the correct Singapore address on my shipment and send it soon. My friend will be coming over here soon and it needs to get to him on time.

Thanks.
Ashok.

I just found the IRF PDF paper on the IRAudAmp . So I think I get it. No additional transistors but a change to a higher rated one and a supply change. You are supplying the one rated to 150 watts. Do you also have the IRFI4020H-117P transistors. How much are they ?

cheers.
Ashok.

Tripath chips are out from production since the company closed 2 years ago. but there are some stocks available for this chips right now. probably in the next years they will be just history if the company who purchased Tripath and their IP will not continue development and production. until now there is no sign that they are interested to do this.

TDA892x v2 Module with heatsink pictures

i made some photos of the new TDA892x module, with the heatsink which is available as an option for this amplifier. the heatsink measures 58x30x70mm and has 2 threaded holes on each end for easier installation.
TDA8950 is available too. Connexelectronic

Attachments

• TDA892X-1.JPG
    TDA892X-1.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 740
  • TDA892X-2.JPG
    TDA892X-2.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 721
  • TDA892X-3.JPG
    TDA892X-3.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 711
new product added: Connexelectronic

250W power supply suitable for TA2022 and TDA892x modules. i'm playing with one of them right now, and they will be available for sale starting from monday.

Hi Cristi,

Do you think this would be suitable for my Virtue Two Class T amplifier?

Here are the amplifier's specifications:

• Stereo integrated amp based on 1 x Tripath TC2001 controller chip and 2 x Apogee DDX2240 power chips.
  • Max 30v, 90+ wpc @ 4 ohms
  • 22,000 uF power capacitor
  • AuriCap input capacitors
  • Cryo-treated Auric hookup wire
  • Heatpipe thermal management
  • Tellurium copper Propeller Posts
  • Tellurium copper RCA jacks
  • Buffered mono subwoofer pre-out
  • Dimensions of 5"H x 2 3/4"W x 5.5"D

At 30-32V, what would be the power supply's output current? I have Virtue Audio's 130W 30V/4.3A SMPS, but I think it could always use a bit more power to really take this amplifier to another level of performance.

i am not familiar with this particular amplifier, but if the power supply requirements are within the smps specs, then is suitable. the output voltage of the smps can be adjusted within +-26 to +-30V limits, and the continuous output current is between 4 to 5A depending on the output voltage, peak current 6 to 7A. the nominal output power of the supply is 250W and the peak power is 400W. when the mains voltage is 110V, the output power will be derated to 200W continuous and 300W peak.

Hi Cristi, I'd like to buy some of your kits, in order to crate my new amplifier.
I'm interested in:
  1. TA3020 V3b
  2. Speaker Protection Circuit SPC1
  3. A1000SMPS 10000uF caps, 2*heatsinks and 750W

Just some little answer:
  • The SPC1 needs 12V DC, is it possible to have these from your A1000SMPS?
  • Buying from Italy, I'd like to have a DHL package sended with tracking code. Is it possible?
  • How much will it all cost?

Thanks a lot for your attention
Gianky

Hi Christi,

I have a comment and I am interested in your TA3020 amplifier.

The balanced input phase shifter, I think will not work well. I haven't seen the circuit or description yet, but if one channel is 180 degree out of phase with the other one, it will sound really weird. As if your head is going to fly apart. You can try it on speakers and just have the other speaker in reverse polarity. Unless of course you reverse the polarity of the signal and the speaker as well?

I am interested in the TA3020 v2 with built in power supply. Can I add additional caps to it, By maybe a short wire or something? Is there any disadvantage to the sound compared to the v3a or v3b?

Oon

i already mentioned before that if the BIPS is used, the loudspeaker connected to the inverted phase channel of the amplifier must be also inverted. a phase change of 180* of the audio signal will not alterate the content at all if the phase shift is linear on all audio band. the components which can alter this linearity are inductors and capacitors. but the BIPS doesn't use any of them on the signal path, just capacitors for supply decoupling and ultrasonic freq. attenuation. the weird sound which you hear is beacause the inherent cancellation of most of the low frequency and some mid-high which are in phase. one advantage is that the outputs can be connected in BTL mode directly, and the input signal must be supplied at both channels.
moreover, try to inject mono signal and make the test again :))
on the TA3020v2 board, there are 10,000uF or 12,000uF caps, depending on the manufacturing version. additional caps can be added, very close to the board. the sound is the same, same schematic, same parts, just different layout. the v3 is more compact, doesn't have the rectifier bridge and caps.

Hi Christi,

Sorry didn't read the description well on the BIPS. To avoid any further confusion, I have not purchased or tried out anything from you. I was just starting to looking at getting something. Somehow the statement got missed out when I was reading the description. You might want to highlight it more clearly, if not you might get a lot of emails wondering why their unit sound so strange now. You mgiht also want to mention, that they must be careful if they are plannign on using it for a subwoofer amp that takes the output from the speakers.

I am interested in your comment on the nature of the sound from your differnt boards that you have which one is warmer, clinical. musical, neutral etc. I may probably interested in tha TA3020v2. Saves me the hassle of building additional power supply. How is the sound like forthe TA01015ARB board?

I noticed you favour the LME49810 in one of your post. Any particular reason why?

Oon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.