• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TA 2022

mtbboyz said:
Cristi,
This is my first time building a T-amp and I have the ta2022 kit that you sell. I connected everything to a 2X22.5v transformer, using my denon as the source unit through RCA plugs, and my homemade 6 ohm speakers. When I turned on the amp for the first time I noticed the green LED lights up and the amp board begins to buzz. The buzzing is also present in the speakers although relatively quiet. It is present with the inputs disconnected and doesn't seem to change at all with the input source or cables. I tried another pair of speakers with the same exact result. I rechecked all my connections and could find no shorts. I tried a plug with no center grounding prong to see if it was the problem with the chassis grounding but there was no difference. I am confused and I'm hoping someone here may have some suggestions for what I should do to fix this buzzing or if maybe there is a problem with the amp module. Thanks for your time
Chris

Chris,
on this version of the TA2022 amplifier which you have, if the power supply is lower than 27-30V DC, the inductor from the negative supply will make a little noise, because mechanical resonance of the windings and the core, when is working in burst mode. the solution is simple, remove those 2 capacitors which are in front of the rectifier bridge, the 0.22uF at 63V. this are connected between + to GND and - to GND. there are hi-freq by-pass capacitors, but there are few more bypass caps, so this will not have any negative influence. please check and let me know. be carefull which capacitors you remove, if you remove others, may damage the board. ony the 2 caps very close to the rectifier bridge !!!
note that this noise has no negative influence in normal operation of the a amplifier, but it may be annoying if you stick the ear on the board. similar as many SMPS have this noise but they working just fine.

ccschua said:
hi,
can u post a schematic for PS10K40. Would like to order two units but just to confirm whether it fits or not.

i post the schematic, it is the same for all the boards with single differential voltage, only the value of the caps is different.
i check the 22,000 uF at 50V caps, there is no cap with this value which can fit on this board. they are big can type, with screw terminal only. an alternative will be to use the 18,000uF at 71V which fit exactly on this boards, they are 35mm diameter and 100mm long. the total capacitance is enough even for class A amplifiers.

hoxuanduc said:

Please note I inquired about the larger capacitor than that comes standard with the kit

the biggest capacitance caps which can fit on this board are 12,000uF, the model which i use for the TA3020 v2 board. they are 30mmx50mm. for bigger capacitance, may connect in paralel with this caps, next to the board. one good solution will be to use one 18,000uF at 71V connected between V+ and V- this will increase performance, and attenuate pumping effect which ocures at class D and T amplifiers.

Attachments

• ps board.gif
    ps board.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 574
Hi CNX

I received the 2 TDA8920TH kits last tuesday. Thank you for your good service.

As a beginner I still have some design questions.

- In the specs you mention I still need an input stage. Googling I still cannot find what exactly that is I need. Can you point me out how I can make an input stage.

- Power supply. Each kit needs a power supply 2x20Vac 6A
is it possible to power the 2 kits with one transformer. (kits in parallel)
Would this be a good idea? http://www.amplimo.nl/index.php?pag...d=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=134&lang=nl

Or would a smps be a better choice?

Are there some books you use with amplifier info?

Thank you
Wim

ccschua said:
HI,

for your PS10K40, can I know the capacitor ESR and the operating life ? What is the make of the MUR , On semi ?

rgds.

i measured the 18,000uF at 71V caps ESR, they have about 5 mOhm. this is a very low value, not too many caps have ESR so low. the capacitors life is depending on the ripple current and working temperature. the minimum operating life is 4000 hours at 85*C and maximum ripple current. the operating life rise exponentially if the temperature or ripple current decrease, so values of 100,000 hours or more are very common.
the diodes are made by ON Semi.

Attachments

• dsc06469.jpg
    dsc06469.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 490
wimpos said:
Hi CNX

I received the 2 TDA8920TH kits last tuesday. Thank you for your good service.

As a beginner I still have some design questions.

- In the specs you mention I still need an input stage. Googling I still cannot find what exactly that is I need. Can you point me out how I can make an input stage.

- Power supply. Each kit needs a power supply 2x20Vac 6A
is it possible to power the 2 kits with one transformer. (kits in parallel)
Would this be a good idea? http://www.amplimo.nl/index.php?pag...d=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=134&lang=nl

Or would a smps be a better choice?

Are there some books you use with amplifier info?

Thank you
Wim

the input stage is necessary because the TDA892x amplifiers have fixed gain, and in some cases the input level provided by some audio sources may not be enough. depending on your application, the preamplifier can be chosen. if you want to use with CD/DVD, this may provide enough level, but other audio sources may need a simple one-two stages preamplifier.

you can use a single transformer to power two modules, if the transformer has enough power rating (at least 350W). also, is higly recommended that the transformer to have 2 symetrical windings, and use them separate for each amplifier, as you have 2 transformers. the transformers from the link which you post may be a good choice, but i didn't saw 2x20V model. a better choice will be to use 2 transformers like this: http://www.amplimo.nl/index.php?pag...id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=134&lang=nl

aout SMPS, also can be used, i have a model which fit for this amlplifiers, i hope that this month i will be able to release already.

Re: TDA8924TH

romtom said:

Hi cnx
Any idea about the price and power of the SMPS suitable for 8920BTH ? I'm dying to opt for a transformer and finally have them built, but ...

the price for the TDA8920/8924 amplifier Power Supply will be about 70 USD. they will be available this month.

ohmslaw said:
Hello,

I`m planning to rebuild a small subwoofer amp as a project, and use the TDA8924TH instead of the existing amp module but still use the preamp part.
Is any good in BTL with 4ohms driver??
Or do you recommend another amp?

TDA8924TH works well with 4Ohm load in BTL mode, with the mention that the heatsink should be big enough to dissipate the extra heat. also the power supply should be able to deliver at least 250W continuous and 350W peak power.
if you need more power than the TDA8924 amplifier can provide, you can use TA3020 amplifier, or DA-1 amplifier, which is suitable for subwoofer, there is plenty of power for most of the applications.

DA-1

Hi cnx,

I would like to know is the DA-1 Amp still available? This amp can drive full range speaker or it has been filtered with low pass for sub woofer only?

How much shipping to Malaysia? Does shipping cost will be calculate during checkout? Ship with registered mail?

Thanks.
Azmi

Re: DA-1

norazmi said:
Hi cnx,

I would like to know is the DA-1 Amp still available? This amp can drive full range speaker or it has been filtered with low pass for sub woofer only?

How much shipping to Malaysia? Does shipping cost will be calculate during checkout? Ship with registered mail?

Thanks.
Azmi

DA-1 is still available. this amplifier is more suitable for subwoofer applications, but can be used for full range as well. doesn't have low-pass filter on board.
please login on the site and follow the order process, the shipping cost will be calculated automatically and you will be redirected onto paypal site for payment. ussually i make the shipping with HK post, but on request i can use other shipping companies.

milachica said:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what kind of volume potentiometer I have to use for the TA3020 V2?

Thanks,

Arno

a double 47K logarithmic potentiomenter is a good choice for TA3020, since it's input impedance is this value. make sure that is a good quality one, otherwise can create click/pop noise when turning the volume.

Re: TDA8924TH

ohmslaw said:
How should the input and output be connected in BTL with the TDA8924TH?? With a mono input signal.. the two + inputs togheter and the - togheter?? or?

the amplifier inputs are 180* shifted, so one channel is inverted, one non-inverted. by connecting together the inputs, the output signal will be already shifted with 180* and can connect in BTL mode. the main advantage beside the easier bridging is cancelling the pumping effect, which occure at all class and T amplifiers.
so, to work in BTL mode, just connect together the inputs and connect the load between outputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.