• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ribbon tweeter material 0.000275"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ribbon tweeter material 0.000275"

I would have liked to post this in a more visible topic category so more people would know about it. But I think it would probably get moved. So if anyone who reads this could help spread the word it would be much appreciated.

For an up coming DIY ribbon build I had to buy 10 lbs of material to meet a minimum order requirement. Which turned out to be a chunk of change and a HUGE excess of material.

My order arrival has an ETA of around the end of the month.

specs are....

.000275" (thick) x 6.00” (wide) x MANY feet long

1145/1235-0 Aluminum

I will sell it by the linear foot and I haven't quite figured a price yet. I am working on getting a calculation for how many linear feet will be showing up and how long I have to sit on it to break even.

I know looking at McMaster Carr, their 0.0005" x 9" x 10.75" sheets had a minimum of $16.72 for 500 sheets. Which for a guy only needing a small qty, we're forced to get much more than we'd use.

Does anyone have any preliminary reasonable suggestions for how much they'd be willing to pay? I will need to have a minimum price for each transaction.

Personally, I think part of the reason LCY ribbons perform so good is because the foil they use seems to be much thinner than most others.

Thanks

It might be fastest to reply to my email...

sirlarrythe2nd@hotmail.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.