• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lateral Mosfet Amplifers 250W - 2000W RMS Power Amplifier modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello There! :)

We have available amplifier modules that are capable of extreme powers at low heat and very small in size. The keys to these amplifiers are the lateral mosfets that we have developed our selves and had manufactured in England.

We currently posses the only Double Die Mosfets that do not overheat or have oscillation problems. Data sheets can be found on our website for both the mosfets and amplifier modules.

The amplifiers are simply of stunning power and quality, especially for the size. We have over 20 different modules in 4 different ranges. We also sell the individual lateral mosfets for extremely competitive prices.

These products are ideal for active speakers, Hi-Fi gurus, speaker developers, power amplifiers etc.

For more details about the products mentioned in this post, and for our entire range of products, see our website:

http://www.classd.ltd.uk/

The specific amplifier modules and mosfets section can be found under the components sub category.

If you would like to talk to someone personally, then feel free to call the office on: (+44) 01623 654 080, alternatively contact Mike (Company Director) directly on: (+44) 07980 600 373.

Class-D Design Ltd.

They can correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe these were designed in conjunction with Aussie Amplifiers. If so, I would consider that a good thing, as I have loved all of my Aussie Amplifiers.

I think one thing that would help sell some of us on your modules would be some better clarification of the differences. You have many identical looking modules with different ratings, but no other specs per say. Also, power supply requirements would be nice, as in, what rail voltage range should each of the modules need? Also, what sort of heatsinking is required? You say they run cool, does that mean a minimal amount of heatsinking is needed, maybe only a thick piece of aluminum, or a full finned heatsink, as with most linear amplifiers?

Although we do make class d amplifiers this is a very tricky field.

Loads of claims are made about class d amplifiers most are simply false. they are ideal for active bass units and some active high frequency amplifiers but for high power applications care frankly flawed.

As regards Aussieamplifiers he was contacted to design power amplifier modules in conjunction with ourselves.

We are the only people manufacturing double die plastic packaged lateral mosfets and have a range of double and single die lateral mosfets.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Our business is aimed at pro audio but is also applicable for HI FI systems. Lateral mosfets are without a doubt the best way to build high power audio amplifiers.

The PSU we have a ZVS control chip ACD2008-1 full details will be published shortly.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Heatsinking - we have our own range of 1U (40mm) and 2U (80mm) tunnel heat sinks designs custom designed, which can either be convection of fan cooled.

Hope this helps!

Mike Soppelsa
mike@class-d.com

skype us: contact@classd.ltd.uk

Miniature Lateral Mosfet Power Amplifiers

Hi there!

We have some simply stunning, miniature power amplifiers available for sale.

Just take a look at the size and specification of these devices.

You will be AMAZED by the products and their quality. :bigeyes:

You will be EVEN MORE AMAZED by the prices of these devices. :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Click Here for the Specification Sheet

Click Here for a List of Prices

Contact us (E-mail / Skype / MSN) contact@classd.ltd.uk
Phone: 07980 600 373

Do those amplifier modules fit inside of the heatsink you are showing. For instance, could the amplifier modules with mosfets on both sides be mounted within the heatsink, or would you need to have heatsinks on each side within the enclosure?

Also, what is the price of your heat sink extrusions?

"Loads of claims are made about class d amplifiers most are simply false. they are ideal for active bass units and some active high frequency amplifiers but for high power applications care frankly flawed."

"Utilising the latest SMD low noise, high linearity Class-D Alfet Lateral Mosfets and Zetex devices."

So are they class D or not?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
The last amp module shown is definately Holtons new NXV200
Wonder if all Anthonys new amps will be available in UK/EU
On Anthonys old site a partnering company was mentioned, which I think was "Class-D"...nothing mentioned about it now though
The other bigger modules that are shown looks much like Anthonys previous designs from last year
nice prices :)
Wonder if component quality is different from Anthony Holtons

Thanks for the replys everyone!

Let me just clear a few things up, some people appear to be getting a little bit confused! :confused:

Our company is called 'Class-D' because originally we were going to develop Class-D Amplifers. However we soon discovered that there were too many problems associated with these amplifiers and so have moved on to 'Lateral Mosfet' amplifiers.

We call the Mosfets, 'Class-D Alfet Lateral Mosfets' but this does not mean that they are Class-D amplifiers! They are actually ultra high efficency Class AB Amplifiers.

For prices on heatsinking, please contact me directly on 07980 600 373 to discuss your requirements. We have over 2 tonnes available so supplys are plentiful!

The amplifiers are simular to Holtons, just more efficent, dont overheat, more powerful (because we are the only people with double die, plastic packaged lateral mosfets), and finally a lot cheaper. We don't like to rip people off... :)

Any other questions we will be happy to answer!

Mike Soppelsa

07980 600 373
mike@class-d.com

these miniature modules can fit in the heatsinks however we do have modules specifically designed to fit in the heatsinks.

We need to know what powers you are interested in

The heatsinks are designed to contain the whole amplifier.

I am out of the office at the moment back on tuesday we can send you full details if you require.

My email address is mike@class-d.com

If you send me your address will mail directly tro you

I don't get that. I get a link under the mosfet saying click to enlarge, then a window opens and there is no text except close window. However at the top left there is a 1 and 2 icon and if I click 2 I get the datasheet image.

Unfortunately though this is almost impossible to make out the dimensional information, but it appears there is a conflict on the pinout here and in the middle of the page.

Also what about specs like gate-drain capacitance and transconductance?

It would be far better if you could just have a PDF download link on the page where you can buy the mosfet :)

Yeah it looks like the wrong pinout besides the mechanical drawings. The middle pin and tab is source, isn't it? Also, it looks like the thermal resistance numbers are way off.

How do these differ from the Semelab laterals in their data?

Do you have a more thourough data sheet? I suspect you will have trouble selling these without information like capacitances, transconductance, Vgs-off. Graphs of Id-Vgs at multiple temperatures, Id-Vds at different Vgs, DC and pulse SOA/transient thermal impedance and so on...

Do they have built-in gate zeners? Gate threshold voltage? How high is the zero-temperature-coefficient current?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.