• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Discrete OPAMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently I have built two type discrete OPAMP, they are upgrade of my old discrete OPAMP,
One name call "Earth", it sound is natural,
Other name call "Sun", it will more clear and dynamic,

Attachments

• opa-e.gif
    opa-e.gif
    67.9 KB · Views: 3,463
Onvinyl said:
Hi audio-gd,

what benefits do you see in cascoding your output stage? At least in my simulation the performance was *worse* (more THD) than without cascode.

Hi Rüdiger,
This is not really a cascode, as the base is referenced to half the voltage between the output and the power supply, and not clamped to the output as it should be.

Hi!Onvinyl:
Sorry for delay reply.
Because my English is so bad,
In the audio circuit, I prefer built two circuit, and test and listen to them, I like the sound of "cascode",
It sound clear but soft,
Some people love tube, if test tube, we can see big THD.
I think, some time, some distortion will let the sound more beautiful.
This circuit is so simple, you can built and test,and listen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.