• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Troubleshooting my Cronus/B3SE-PRO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Problem Solved!!!

After many weeks of frustration, including replacing a Cronus and installing a new Amanero and switching out multiple uFl cables I discovered the problem.

As I am using an Arduino to switch the GPOI settings for SW1 and SW2, I had set all the switches to OFF (High) and then control via the Arduino. Since I was not changing the PCM format, the Arduino was not connected to these pins. According to the firmware guide, having SW1-2 and SW1-3 both set the same (either high or low) should enable I2S. Not so, with them both set off (high) there is huge amount of noise and distortion. Switching SW1-2 and SW1-3 to ON (low) fixed it, sync mode is perfect whether the MCK is connected with hook up wire or u.Fl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.