Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 21st May 2018, 11:13 AM   #1
Manolo47 is offline Manolo47  Puerto Rico
diyAudio Member

Default TP Buffalo 3 SE shunt current for dac board and upsampling

I posted this in the TPA forum but no answer. Maybe I can get an opinion here. Thanks.
Since completing my B3 SE dac 2 years ago I have not been able to upsample beyond 176.4 khz in Audirvana music player. Today I took some measurements and found the current to be around 250 ma and the shunt 0.10 ma. I don't know how and why I set or got those values at the time. So I managed to raise shunt to 250 ma but current is at around 830 ma. The most shunt current I was able to get was 34ma with current as high as 930 ma. Isn't this to high? however, the crux of the issue is that I could do upsampling up to 192 khz without any distortion or noise and 352 khz with a background noise only. Output v is 5.25 v

So, does this mean that these values have to keep going up to upsample at 352 and do dsd at 128?
And I am talking here about the hd ps for the Buffalo dac board.... Thanks!

TP Buffalo 3 SE shunt current for dac board and upsamplingHide this!Advertise here!