• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TP Buffalo 3 SE shunt current for dac board and upsampling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I posted this in the TPA forum but no answer. Maybe I can get an opinion here. Thanks.
Since completing my B3 SE dac 2 years ago I have not been able to upsample beyond 176.4 khz in Audirvana music player. Today I took some measurements and found the current to be around 250 ma and the shunt 0.10 ma. I don't know how and why I set or got those values at the time. So I managed to raise shunt to 250 ma but current is at around 830 ma. The most shunt current I was able to get was 34ma with current as high as 930 ma. Isn't this to high? however, the crux of the issue is that I could do upsampling up to 192 khz without any distortion or noise and 352 khz with a background noise only. Output v is 5.25 v

So, does this mean that these values have to keep going up to upsample at 352 and do dsd at 128?
And I am talking here about the hd ps for the Buffalo dac board.... Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.