• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

BBB/Botic/Cape play problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member

Attachments

• ClockSmall.jpg
    ClockSmall.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 337
Another resource busy problem

I've been trying to get music for a week or so now, trying to get past the dreaded:
play FAIL sox: `default' Device or resource busy: Operation not permitted

From what i can tell from the forum, this is usually caused by a soldering issue. This wouldn't surprise me, but I have re-heated/re-flowed every joint twice now, including the two clock modules.

Is there any way to narrow down where the issue is? All 4 leds on Hermes are on. On the B3, the mute is on and lock is off. Does this provide any clues?

The B3 was playing I2S from RPI with Volumio before I hooked it up to this rig.

Thanks,
Doug

Attachments

• 20150805_221415.jpg
    20150805_221415.jpg
    955.9 KB · Views: 268
Got the IC3 chip yesterday (thanks Brian) and soldered it on last nite.

Now the B3 lock led is on but I'm not getting any music still (play command looks like it is working, no more resource busy issues).

When I use Squeezelite it looks like it is playing too, but with ympd the song time doesn't increment (like it is not playing)

It has been a while since I built the B3. Does the lock mean that the bbb/hermes/chronos/botic are working and I need to troubleshoot the B3 or legato? or could there still be something in the bbb/hermes/chronos/botic?

Just wondering where to start looking.

If anyone has any tips, please pass them on. I'll keep pluggig away.

Thanks,
Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.