• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Usbstreamer problem with BIII/BII in I2S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1)Convert J1 Pin9 Master Clock out (MCLK OUT) to MCK IN.
Pin 3 of the CS2300 chip supplies MCK to the XMOS chip via a 100R resistor.
Simply remove the 100R resistor.

2)Provide a clock select input.
This signal can be generated from the ENABLE pins on either the 22.5792 MHz or 24.576 MHz clocks.

Hi deanoUK. Thanks for pointing me to this thread.

Have you successfully completed your USBStreamer/Cronus project? As I am interested in doing the same.

Are you using 45/49 clocks on the Cronus or 22/24?

Isn't Pin 4 of the CS2300 chip attached to MCLK OUT? So there would be more to macking it MCLK IN than simply removing the one resistor?

Could you also please provide details on which are the enable pins on the clocks?

Thanks in advance!

If you are willing to do some surgery on the USB Streamer you could easily get that type of solution to work with a single Cronus and a Single Hermes - BBB (repurposed for the Streamer) You would just wire the USBStremer to the appropriate pins on the BBB header. This would get you 8 isolated/reclocked channels all sharing the same cronus master clock. If you need more help let me know.

Hello Russ

I have one Buffalo II+Cronus+Amanero for normal two channel operation.
Now i want to add another Buffalo for a 4 channel projekt.
For that i want to use the minidsp usbstreamer. Can you advise me how to connect the Cronus (isolatet)to the usbstreamer ? Hermes-Amanero is only for two channel operation right ? Can Hermes-BBB do the job and when how can i connect it ? The next problem hermes-BBB boards are out of stock. Is there
any chance to become one board ?

Thanks
Udo

Hello Russ

I have one Buffalo II+Cronus+Amanero for normal two channel operation.
Now i want to add another Buffalo for a 4 channel projekt.
For that i want to use the minidsp usbstreamer. Can you advise me how to connect the Cronus (isolatet)to the usbstreamer ? Hermes-Amanero is only for two channel operation right ? Can Hermes-BBB do the job and when how can i connect it ? The next problem hermes-BBB boards are out of stock. Is there
any chance to become one board ?

Thanks
Udo

There's a bit more to it than Russ suggests. The Hermes BBB requires control and clock select signals as well as just data. I gave up on the project and just used the cronos to reclock the usbstreamer.

If you really want to isolate the usb streamer its probably easier to construct your own simple circuit using a couple of the same potato flip-flops wired up to the cronos (cronos has a clock selection pin you need to be aware of btw).

If you don't need isolation and you dont intend running the DAC in slave mode off of the Cronos I would use the DIYINHK multichannel board rather than the USBStreamer. It doesn't have the same clock issue and it uses the newer xcore200 chip.

There's a bit more to it than Russ suggests. The Hermes BBB requires control and clock select signals as well as just data. I gave up on the project and just used the cronos to reclock the usbstreamer.

If you really want to isolate the usb streamer its probably easier to construct your own simple circuit using a couple of the same potato flip-flops wired up to the cronos (cronos has a clock selection pin you need to be aware of btw).

If you don't need isolation and you dont intend running the DAC in slave mode off of the Cronos I would use the DIYINHK multichannel board rather than the USBStreamer. It doesn't have the same clock issue and it uses the newer xcore200 chip.

Hmm, ok. Do you desolder the resistor near the Xmos Chip to extract the MCLK signal for CS and feed in the new reclocket signal from cronos here ?

Udo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.