• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Legato Input Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m interest in using a my Legato 3.1 I/V linestage as a headphone amplifier. Can the Legato accept balanced input from sources other than the Buffalo Dac? I’m wanting to use it with my Dam1021 dac which I believe puts out 2v RMS in balance – will this damage my Legato? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Regards,
JL

Legato won't really be a good fit - as it has a zero close to 0 ohm input impedance. This is because Legato is expecting a current source. Your DAC is a voltage source which will not like a low impedance at all! In fact it could kill it. So you want something with higher input impedance.

Lucky for you you we have just the ticket.

We have an excellent headphone amp - Ventus-EZ - which basically is the same circuit as headphone output part of the Legato. So you can get exactly what you want - but with a high input impedance that will not harm your DAC.

Ventus EZ Headphone Driver

Cheers!
Russ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.