• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cronus - It's about time.

I ordered a fresh batch (with a minor revision) - I would expect them to arrive in a couple weeks. Version 1.4 will have an optional master clock inverter for the Hermes interface exported master clock. This will help with timing in certain situations where the FF timing requirements were not met.

Sorry for the delay - I have several things in the works at the moment and I have been writing a lot of firmware :)

After some testing we did some redesign (after testing Hermes PI) Sorry for the delay - we will post when the new boards have arrived.

There will be a Cronus 1.4 (change is an optional inversion of master clock to Hermes - this can help with signal alignment at the FF)

And there will be a Hermes-RPI 1.1 (1.0 worked but needed a signal to disable the bitclock when music is not playing)

Again, sorry for the delay - but prototyping is not always simple :)

Hi Brian,
Great that the Cronus is available again!
I want to try a FIFO, but the DIYINHK FIFO does not do multichannnel, the Cronus can.

Just to be sure: I want to use it with the DIYINHK XMOS multichannel USB to I2S board. This board has it's own 22.5/24.5 master clocks. This clock is used by my BIII in synchronous 8 channel mode. This works great.
Can I connect the XMOS master clock to the Cronus instead of a Rhea module, will this work?

The XMOS switches between the clocks as needed. Si I can connect the masterclock to one of the clock pads on the Cronus.

Thanks!

Last edited: