• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

Thanks Russ. I might as well use the Buffalo supply as it comes from a Placid rather than the SMPS powering the BBB/Hermes.

It should never be powered by the BBB - so not sure what you mean here.

I was saying that J2 on the Hermes connects to the clean 3.3V supply on the Cronus - this is a linear regulator already sharing GND with your DAC.

The power needs to be 3.3V

It looks like i2c is connected at last!!!

Code:
root@botic:~# i2cdetect -y -r 1
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 48 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Although I still don't have volume control:

Code:
root@botic:~# mpc status
volume: n/a   repeat: off   random: on    single: off   consume: off

To stop Blue LEDs blinking (BBB):

echo none > /sys/class/leds/beaglebone\:green\:usr0/trigger
echo none > /sys/class/leds/beaglebone\:green\:usr1/trigger
echo none > /sys/class/leds/beaglebone\:green\:usr2/trigger
echo none > /sys/class/leds/beaglebone\:green\:usr3/trigger
Hi zz1969, lintweaker, any anyone else ...
I would like to mount my BBB inside a large chassis, and somehow display the BBB's power LED status at the front panel of the chassis.
Could I use the first pair of LED connections on the Hermes, run these to an LED on the front panel, then configure this LED as -
Code:
echo power > /sys/class/leds/beaglebone\:green\:usr0/trigger
??
Thanks.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
My plan was to remove the N and #1 on-board LEDs from Hermes and wire the board to replacements in the front panel. ...and have them close to momentary buttons - N by a reset button into the j_RST header and #1 by a power button into the J_P_SW header. This way the stock LED config is very reasonable, unless you had an operating mode in which Hermes was disconnected from power.

Last edited:
I have a problem with my setup made of BBB (Botic v5) +Hermes+Cronus (with 42/49 MHz clocks) and a PCM5102 DAC connected with I2S bus.
I can't play 96K files. All files with 44K1 and multiples are OK (88K2 and 176K4).
When I try to play a 96K file, there is no sound at all.

I've tried to change the value in the files clk_44k1 and clc_48k, but it didn't change anything.

Any idea ? Thanks in advance.

Thank you, Russ, I'll check my joints asap.
I've also checked the software configuration and I've found that /boot/uboot is empty (I'm using botic v5). Is it normal ?
How can I check which parameters are used by the botic driver ?
Furthermore, I'm using squeezelite and don't want mpd. I've uninstalled the mpd package but there is a remaining ympd process (check with "ps aux"). How can I definitely remove it ?

Hi zz1969, lintweaker, any anyone else ...
I would like to mount my BBB inside a large chassis, and somehow display the BBB's power LED status at the front panel of the chassis.
Could I use the first pair of LED connections on the Hermes, run these to an LED on the front panel, then configure this LED as -
Code:
echo power > /sys/class/leds/beaglebone\:green\:usr0/trigger
??
Thanks.
The standard 4 user LEDs on the BBB are different from those (mountable) on the Hermes. You could use one of the LEDs on the Hermes as a (software controlled) power LED incidator.

The standard 4 user LEDs on the BBB are different from those (mountable) on the Hermes.
Yes, I mistakenly thought those commands related to the Hermes LED's, but of course they relate to the BBB onboard LED's.

You could use one of the LEDs on the Hermes as a (software controlled) power LED incidator.
OK, so I did some Googling, and on the BBB mailing list they mention that the power LED is activated by the power controller chip, not the CPU. So I imagine to emulate the power LED I would need to query this controller, possibly with the "i2cget" utility. I was hoping this would be a simple thing, but apparently not.

WiFi not coming up

Having completed my own DAC to work with BBB I am using the newest Botic distribution to test it.

My problem is not directly related to the driver rather the overall distribution.

It fails to get a DHCP lease when manually bringing the wlan0 interface up with ifup wlan0. Adapter works with the stock Debian on Rev C of the BBB. It should really come up automatically but doesn't.

Dongle is RTL8188CUS.

/etc/network/interfaces
Code:
auto lo 
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid "ssid"
    wpa-psk "passphrase"

iface usb0 inet static
     address 192.168.7.2
     netmask 255.255.255.0
It is the stock image then:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install linux-image-4.0.0-botic5
change opts to:
Code:
optargs=snd_soc_botic.ext_masterclk=3 snd_soc_botic.serconfig=--I- snd_soc_botic.pinconfig=compat
flash to eMMC
reboot
edit /etc/fstab to add share
edit /etc/network/interfaces (as above)

I also tried Boticizing the stock distro and that caused the same issue so perhaps the module isn't in the kernel? given I can scan for networks, etc that doesn't make sense though... Something specific to the Botic options though it would seem.

Any suggestions on what to try next?