• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Building an open embedded audio applicance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am definitely still open to using the BBB.

I did use it with volumio for a while, but they were not supporting I2S out at the time. I will check again.

What's great is that even though the rpi may seem humble, it actually makes a really good streaming appliance! I am actually quite impressed. It easily beats a Squeezebox etc...

I will let you know what I find with the BBB

Russ, is it possible to use RP3 B+ with hermes/cronus combination as an isolator/reclocker? or is that even needed? I tried connecting my rp3 b+ directly into the dac via otto (i2s) using moode as a player, but it would not lock. However, I have a kali recloker, and if I use that, it locks. Maybe moode is not designed to be connected directly? Anyway, what I wanted to do is use hermes/cronus instead of kali as a recloker. Is this even posssible?

Alex

Infineon has an amplifier HAT ZW for the RPi Zero W. It is a 40W amp (Kit_40W_AMP_HAT_ZW) that makes a great active speaker conversion for an old outdoor speaker like the SONOS V first version. I am using it as an endpoint in ROON. I am trying to figure out how to make it into a mono setup so I can have a right channel and left channel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.