• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Building an open embedded audio applicance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just ordered a new BBB this week. (I have one of the older ones too)

This place keeps a regular stock (they are out at the moment, but will have more in a week):

https://www.logicsupply.com/compone...bb-bblk-000/?gclid=CP6e3ZXaxrwCFShk7Aod1mIABA

I also found several places that had them in stock just by googling, including Amazon. But your likely to pay more that way.

Digikey says they will have more stock in a about a week.

Last edited:
Hi everybody! I decided to begin a project like this but I'm having problem to find the BBB here in my country.... I found the "Cubieboard 2", and the seller tells that it is compatible with RP and has a better performance.

Does anybody know if I can use this board for Buffalo III integration via I2S and Volumio?

Regards

Hi everybody! I decided to begin a project like this but I'm having problem to find the BBB here in my country.... I found the "Cubieboard 2", and the seller tells that it is compatible with RP and has a better performance.

Does anybody know if I can use this board for Buffalo III integration via I2S and Volumio?

Regards

Oi!

You should be able to buy online at Industrial & Embedded Computers | Logic Supply!

Russ et al,

I find this most interesting -- these tiny computers-on-a-business-card enable many applications. This approach takes out a lot of complexity and cost -- though I'm sure some high-end vendor will be packaging this up in a fancy chassis at very high price.

However, I am a bit concerned about the jitter inherent in the digital audio output of any computer. Try as one may, the combination of system clock (not low jitter) and software/hardware timing will not result in low jitter. So far this concern has been dismissed by saying "the ESS will fix it". First off, even if this is true, almost any other DAC chip will not be so lucky, not that this may be a big concern on this TPA forum. However it boils down inside the ESS, it is still doing some sort of internal sample-rate conversion, interpolation, whatever, in order to convert an irregular data stream into regular samples for D/A conversion. This means that what is output as analog isn't exactly analogous (pun intended) to the incoming data.

While "sounds great" is a very promising initial reaction, I wonder if anyone is able to make measurements that would answer this question.

Or perhaps, I'm just missing some key piece of info that would explain all??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.