• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

8 inputs for Buffalo 32s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Buffalo 32s which has been completely reliable and always sounds pleasing. It has been my main DAC since I assembled it.

I have been using it with a S/PDIF 4:1 MUX/Receiver module. Each input of the MUX has a toslink module, switched to a RCA co-ax with a simple switch.

This is not the best regime and I intend to change it, particularly as I now have 6 digital sources. I propose to get another 4:1 MUX module, and hard wire each input for toslink or co-ax.

Should I cascade the new MUX into one of the existing MUX module's inputs, giving me 7 inputs?

OR

Should I feed the outputs of the two MUX modules into an OTTO 2:1 switching module for 8 inputs?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Tony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.