• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

The Asynchronous USB Audio class 2 module.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The patent would only apply to the technique I use in the firmware

I am not sure what you would need to get your patent going. If it's funding maybe you could start a Kickstarter project, i am pretty sure that knowing the number of users of buffalo dacs worldwide you could collect enough to get you going and you could reward people who have pledged money by avoiding them the waiting lists later on for example or offering them a return on sales price.
Just an idea, but since waiting for the TP's USB module i have spent quite a bit on other modules and would like to use yours. It would be very frustating for everyone to know that when the module arrives it's actually a restrained version. Just my 2c...

Last edited:
Yes, I knocked together a new prototype last week, and it works fine.

Brian and I have been discussing the effects of various options on the digital output side of things.

We will be posting some findings soon and asking for some feedback based on what we know. it is too early to mention all of those yet however.

In short I have discovered there are some non-trivial considerations around isolation and re-clocking.

The short of it is - that any of the new "fast" isolaters will inject jitter (phase noise) the same way the XMOS chip itself does. This is because they work using an internal modulator (in Mhz - like the XMOS master clock) so any signal will have up to 2 x the modulator period jitter transposed onto each isolated signal. Not so bad for word clock and data, but not great for bit clocks and master clocks at high sample rates.

Don't have time to go in too deep tonight, but I will share more soon.

The bottom line is, things are still moving, but as I learn more and more the module has morphed a lot.

Cheers!
Russ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.