• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

The Asynchronous USB Audio class 2 module.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sonore USB interface

Hey guys, I have asked permission to post this here, and Russ has graciously granted it.

For those looking for a very high performance USB interface for their Buffalo DACs, you might want to consider the Sonore USB interface. Jesus and I developed this after we became frustrated that we could not find a really good interface with the features we wanted for our Buffalos. You can see the details here:

Sonore DIY USB Interface - USB to i2s interface

I am not sure if the TPA forum is the right place to discuss this, so if you have questions or comments, please make them over at the audio circle thread. I know, it is expensive, but, if you do the math on the chips and oscillators onboard I think you will understand.

Edit: Oh yeah, for those who would rather stay at the diyaudio forums there is this post in the vendors' bazaar:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/259996-sonore-async-usb-i2s-interface-onboard-osf.html

Last edited:
Hi Russ,

I have to say that at the moment I'm working on a very similar project - XMOS based AD-DA converter.
If you wouldn't mind, may I ask you a few questions?
1. In terms of ESS adc chip. I wish to use their ES9112, but I don't seem to be able to get documentation for it. I have filled and send the NDA, to Ismosys but they seem to ignore me after I said that I'm only interested to build a prototype and that I don't really work for a big company and etc.. I wonder how did you manage to work with them or they were not so strict at the time?
2. In terms of I2s configuration, how did you do it on software? Did you do it all by yourself or you used some libraries? I only want to use PCM over USB and I'm pretty much a beginner in programming. I have found some valuable libraries in xSOFTip, but I wonder how to integrate them properly. I would really appreciate if you could tell how did you do it in a bit of detail. Or maybe there is a proper tutorial about how to do it somewhere?
ps. What I'm really doing is not a commercial thing. It is just a project for my university and I'm not likely even to publish it anywhere, so I'm not going to steal your ideas or anything. If you could PM me with answers, that would be highly appreciated :)

Thank You,
Anton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.