• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Is it possible to configure IVY for 4 Vrms output for balanced and 2 Vrms for SE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use the IVY III with a Buffalo II directly into active monitors. I just upgraded, and my new monitors need more output than 2 Vrms to work properly. I ordered the resistors to change to 4 Vrms from the manual. I sometimes use the single ended outputs for my headphone amplifier, and I am wondering if there is a recommended way to keep the single ended outputs at 2 Vrms and change the balanced output to 4 Vrms.

Is there a way to transparently add a switch to change from 2 Vrms output to 4 Vrms output on the IVY III?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Aaron.

Last edited:
Maybe wrong question: Does IVY III SE output stay at 2 Vrms when bal is 4 Vrms?

I looked in the manual and it wasn't clear, and I realized that I might have asked the wrong question.

Does the single ended output of the IVY III stay at 2 Vrms when the balanced is increased to 4 Vrms by changing R13-16 to 356ohms?

Thank you for your time.
Aaron.

I looked in the manual and it wasn't clear, and I realized that I might have asked the wrong question.

Does the single ended output of the IVY III stay at 2 Vrms when the balanced is increased to 4 Vrms by changing R13-16 to 356ohms?

Thank you for your time.
Aaron.

If you want 2VMRS from SE in this case you will want to use 1K or 1.15K(which ever is easier for you to source) at R21-R24. The high value will get you higher output.

Cheers!
Russ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.