• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

4:1 or 4:2 mux....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I simplified the design a bit, making it a single signal 4:1 mux.

Attachments

• 4_1_mux.jpg
    4_1_mux.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 257
Yes you can switch any level signal up to VCC. The final termination is not on this board itself (though it could be if you install R1 to taste). By default R1 is a high impedance(=> 47K) which is only used to keep the inputs refernced to GND. You could use any value you like at R1 - or even omit it.

To be more clear - R1 is a 4 resistor array at the "inputs" (they could also be outputs). There is also a single resistor - R4 at the "A" terminal (usually an output). In both cases the default is for those to be high values only used to keep those pins referenced to GND, and they are both optional if termination is provided elsewhere. I used a through hole array at R1 so that users could also use single resistors mounted vertically instead for special cases where different termination is required per channel.

There is no problem sending SPDIF through it, in fact that was how I first tested it (up to 192Khz as that's as high a rate as the source I used went).

For example when using this board with the B3SE the 75R termination occurs at the DAC itself.

It is based on the same technology as the OTTO-II - it is just a 4:1 version of the same chip.

Last edited:
Thanks Russ!

But is the Buffalo always terminated with 75ohm at the SPDIF input? (thinking it would be wrong for TTL) Also, what are the R2/R3 for on this PCB? Also when the S0/S1 are "low" can they be floating or do you have to be grounded? "high" i guess is just Vcc. (thinking how i will do with my relay switch).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.