• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Help - FJPF5200OTU obsolete!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
I had a fellow come by with one of your Placid power supply boards - the FJPF5200OTU is bad and Mouser and Digikey says the part is now obsolete. Their substitutes are a different packaging.

Dunno how I get drug into these things; but, he's a good egg and I'd like to help him out.

Thoughts?

I had a fellow come by with one of your Placid power supply boards - the FJPF5200OTU is bad and Mouser and Digikey says the part is now obsolete. Their substitutes are a different packaging.

Dunno how I get drug into these things; but, he's a good egg and I'd like to help him out.

Thoughts?

You might want to look for any NPN power transistor of TO-220 package with hFE higher than 80. This suggestion is originally from Russ in TPA support forum months ago.

A few weeks ago, I came across the same situation and replaced the bad 5200OTU with an old Toshiba 2SD2271 for a substitute, that is now working fine with my Placid HD.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.