• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Consumer-level S/PDIF for BIII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With the Buffalo-IIISE, you can connect both S/PDIF and I2S/DSD at the same time, and switch between them by connecting the IP_S pads (foreground of the board picture on the web page). This will trigger the analog switches and toggle between the two inputs. For Arduino, etc, you can also trigger the switches with digital logic, by pulling the IP pin to GND.
What gives the best sonically result Spdif to the Dac board or a Spdif 2 I2s board connected to the I2s on the DAC?

I don't think you will notice a sonic difference either way. Less complexity, less wiring -> S/PDIF direct to Buffalo is what I would recommend. (Less expense as well.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.