• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AVCC 2.1 - module update

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
i was thinking about updating my AVCC from 2.1 to the latest one. Is it worth upgrading the 1.2V and 3.3V Tridents to the latest version also, or is it new AVCC that do most of the improvement?

Right now i have AVCC V2.1 and V3.0 Tridents (all with 2 leds).

And will the 1.2V & 3.3V Tridents be available anytime soon?

Hi,

Its a long time I enjoyed my B3 without updating information from TPA. But today, wow, a lot of upgrade options for Placid HD, AVCC and Trident and Cronus (that I have not studied yet).

Can someone advise me which upgrade should I take first? Placid or AVCC or Trident. I could not upgrade at once so have to set priority.

Thank you.

Hi

Each power upgrade will bring benefits. I would do Placid HD for the dac, then placid HD Bipolar if you use a TP I/v stage, then AVDD 2.1 (this made a very big difference).

Tridents will finish off the improvements nicely.

In time, depending on how you provide input to the dac Cronus/Hermes options (I moved from a Luckit WaveIO to an Amanera uSB interface using the Cronus solution) is a big improvement also but you will benefit most when you have the other tweaks done.

Mark

Hi I own a BuffaloII late 2010. I suppose I have the earlier AVCC module.
So, if I'd like to update to the latest Trident+AVCC is the BuffaloII supported?
And to power all I'd like to mantain my old Placid, wich are the requirements to feed the board ?
Thanks for your help
gf

Hi

Been a while since I had my BII but yes the tridents and AVCC should fit. And they will make a nice improvement (avcc is totally key to the performance of the Sabre chip and any improvements here are always apparent and pleasing).

Regards
Mark

Hello Russ,

I just found this thread tonight and saw that since november 2012 you ship the b3 with the a new version of avcc trident that is 2.1

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/220750-avcc-2-1-module-update-6.html

Since from the memory the reg board didn`t look familiar I checked mine and it seems to be the older version 1.0
How is this possible if I bought the dac in 2015?

If you think this is strange or do not believe me you can take a look at the post in the following link which is from december last year.
B3SE with Cronus reclocker going mono when I turn off es9018 asrc

The only thing is that I didn`t noticed until now that I found this thread.

Is there a way that I can exchange this reg with the newer one?

Regards,
Lucian S.

I really don't understand you.
You respond to others in other threads but you completely ignore me and this is not the first time.
Take in account that I have paid for the buffalo that I have bought from you and I work a lot for my money.
I don't know how you act when you buy something and receive something else but I don't really like it, to be played as a fool.
So please maybe you find some time to give an answer to my question.

I really don't understand you.
You respond to others in other threads but you completely ignore me and this is not the first time.
Take in account that I have paid for the buffalo that I have bought from you and I work a lot for my money.
I don't know how you act when you buy something and receive something else but I don't really like it, to be played as a fool.
So please maybe you find some time to give an answer to my question.

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now.

The AVCC you received with your DAC was the current version when you bought it. I build them in small batches as orders demand. No one is being played the fool. The version in the picture you linked to is the current version. "AVCC_SR_1.0"

Last edited:
Thanks BK.

Is the first photo in this thread that created the confusion.

As for TPA, you have my apologies.

Can you please edit the photo in the first post with a photo with the actual version?
It will be less confusing for the ones that do not read all the pages, like me.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.