• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ionian,

I've connected a number of DAC cards directly to the Juli@ digitial section, including a Buffalo 32. Please contact me via PM and I can send you pictures detailing the connection.

One caution is that it works best when the connection is kept very short... millimeters matter here. I've always mounted the DAC card directly on top of the Juli@ digital section. If you need to locate the BuffIII SE farther away, consider using a pair of TP's Teleporter modules. I'm currently working this setup up for a new DAC using a Buffalo-II.

Also, when using an I2S input, I don't think you'll need any S/PDIF connection.

Greg in Mississippi

Thank you very much Greg.
I read your some massage on audioasylum about Juli@ mod. But my English is not enough. I have a TransportPC. It prepared in accordance with the Cics's guide. I sent you a PM my wishes about the TransportPC - Juli@ - I2S DACs.

Last edited:
My Buffalo IIISE was soldered and played. Listen two week , I had good result , the sound is detail, but still sweet, special I like low frequency . My system really improved .

My system :
Laptop HP2230S + Jriver 17
USB input test: Empirical Off-Ramp 3, Amanero (not isolator), Behringer UCA200 modify SPDIF output.
DAC: Buffalo IIISE + Ian I2S FIFO .
Power Amplifier: 845SE diy .
Speaker : Tannoy Autograph (Gold 15 inch) diy.

Thank you for quality product with reasonable price !.

Last edited:
How to disable internal clock?

Hi,

I just want to experiment with using the clock in the waveio board I have. In the documentation it says to disable the buffalo IIISE clock I should just not power it...so how do I achieve this? Is it a question of removing one of the tridents?

Thanks,
Crom

Originally Posted by dahlberg
Hello.
It just ordered two of these for use in a 4-way dsp filter (spdif-out ).
If I'm using the digital volumecontrol can I still use just one pot
(in parallel) or is there need for a second one for some reason ?

You can wire the output of the volume pot to each of the DACs and control then both at the same time, as long as both board share a digital ground.

It became three instead of two but I'm still going to control the volume of all

three with one pot. I think :eek: that I read somewhere that the the gain function
will work the same way even if there are more then one dac sharing the same
pot (in parallel) as it would with only one dac. I don't have to change it to a
30k pot just because I'm using it to control three dacs. Is that right ?

It became three instead of two but I'm still going to control the volume of all

three with one pot. I think :eek: that I read somewhere that the the gain function
will work the same way even if there are more then one dac sharing the same
pot (in parallel) as it would with only one dac. I don't have to change it to a
30k pot just because I'm using it to control three dacs. Is that right ?

Correct.

Hi guys,

I got my IIISE up and running this weekend, but only S/PDIF, I was not able to get I2S to work.
I'm using Toslink, AES and the USB receiver into MUX 4.1.
I followed the recommended connection in the set-up guide for IIISE for the MUX 4.1.
Any ideas where to troubleshoot?

Did you attach a switch to the B-IIIse to choose between SPDIF/I2S inputs?

you...

Thanks barrows.

I did not attach a switch. I though the input was selected automatically, my bad.
I don’t need a switch as I have the MUX, is there a way to set this permanently on the board and forgo the switch.

Need to tak a closer look at the integration guide. The B-IIIse accepts both SPDIF and I2S inputs directly, but these cannot both be active at the same time. So the board defaults to the SPDIF input, to use I2S, you have to add either a jumper (for a permanent switch to I2S input), or a switch (to be able to switch between direct SPDIF in and I2S) to the board. I cannot remember the board designators off the top of my head, but the integration guide will point them out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.