• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Rus White,

First of all, sorry for my English is poor.

I'm a bit new to the diy DAC world. I'm using a computer basic transport with BNC output. My amp is a SET with 300B tube (6V output).

I am using ESI Juli@ sound card's digital parts only on the transport PC. I'm planing to I2S output from Juli@ and input to Buffalo. How can I do this? Is that true plan?
http://usr.audioasylum.com/images/4/49008/Buffalowiring.bmp

What do I need to purchase from you to get started, but complete?

My Requirements for DAC:

- 1 S/PDIF (RCA) input
- 1 I2S input
- 2 RCA outputs
- 12V battery input
- I dont want to use stage at started. May be later

Thank you.

My Requirements for DAC:

- 1 S/PDIF (RCA) input
- 1 I2S input
- 2 RCA outputs
- 12V battery input
Please read the guide, esp. the part "Bill of materials for stereo mode DAC". The document should answer most of your questions. I would strongly suggest adding an I/V stage.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hello Rus White,
<SNIP>

I am using ESI Juli@ sound card's digital parts only on the transport PC. I'm planing to I2S output from Juli@ and input to Buffalo. How can I do this? Is that true plan?
http://usr.audioasylum.com/images/4/49008/Buffalowiring.bmp

My Requirements for DAC:

- 1 S/PDIF (RCA) input
- 1 I2S input
- 2 RCA outputs
- 12V battery input

Thank you.

Ionian,

I've connected a number of DAC cards directly to the Juli@ digitial section, including a Buffalo 32. Please contact me via PM and I can send you pictures detailing the connection.

One caution is that it works best when the connection is kept very short... millimeters matter here. I've always mounted the DAC card directly on top of the Juli@ digital section. If you need to locate the BuffIII SE farther away, consider using a pair of TP's Teleporter modules. I'm currently working this setup up for a new DAC using a Buffalo-II.

Also, when using an I2S input, I don't think you'll need any S/PDIF connection.

Greg in Mississippi

I went for u.fl at the "WaveIO" and soldering at the buffalo end.
Tried soldering the u.fl's but it was a little bit tricky :eek: so I skipped that.

waveio_buff3.png

Trying to connect my WavIO board. I only need to connect these three wire's to get it to work?

I connected the WaveIO board like the drawing above but it won't lock.
When using SPDIF with a M2Tech HiFace 2 everything works fine.
Do I need to set switches on de BIIISE board in a different setting?
(If so I must have misread Leons manual completely...)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.