• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need more voltage out of the IVY-III balanced outputs. How high can it go with higher values for R13-R16? I would like about 12 volts peak differential, with is about 8.5V RMS differential.

That's asking a bit too much (not enough headroom) You could get pretty close though as long as you use 15V rails and the impedance of the next stage is high.

I would try 470R at R13-R16 and see if that is enough gain for you. Those resistors should be closely matched to each other.

Cheers!
Russ

I went for u.fl at the "WaveIO" and soldering at the buffalo end.
Tried soldering the u.fl's but it was a little bit tricky :eek: so I skipped that.

waveio_buff3.png

It does not matter much, just use what you like. If I am soldering small gauge wire, I like to use PTFE/Teflon jacketed wire, as it will not melt and pull back when heated. I would not go crazy ($$) picking the wire.

EDIT: ApexJr has a good selection of PTFE at a good price: http://apexjr.com/wire.html

Last edited:
Does the BIII SE need an earth reference? Or should one just let it float? I am using a power supply without a mains earth. Should I connect the PS regulator GND and BIII GND to chassis? (chassis connected to the RCA outputs 0v)

I am using a transformer for analogue output to a SE amp so the secondary could be left isolated from the DAC chassis, but the BIII would then be left floating.

thanks,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.