Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2013, 05:57 PM   #291
picovolt is offline picovolt
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Default XO trident for clock

Yes, you just remove the XO tridentóit's the center one. This will cut power to the clock. I used headers on the three tridents, to make modifications easier.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 04:30 PM   #292
dahlberg is offline dahlberg  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
dahlberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlberg
Hello.
It just ordered two of these for use in a 4-way dsp filter (spdif-out ).
If I'm using the digital volumecontrol can I still use just one pot
(in parallel) or is there need for a second one for some reason ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
You can wire the output of the volume pot to each of the DACs and control then both at the same time, as long as both board share a digital ground.
It became three instead of two but I'm still going to control the volume of all

three with one pot. I think that I read somewhere that the the gain function
will work the same way even if there are more then one dac sharing the same
pot (in parallel) as it would with only one dac. I don't have to change it to a
30k pot just because I'm using it to control three dacs. Is that right ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 04:32 PM   #293
BrianDonegan is offline BrianDonegan  United States
diyAudio Member
 
BrianDonegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: TPA HQ (The Basement)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlberg View Post
It became three instead of two but I'm still going to control the volume of all

three with one pot. I think that I read somewhere that the the gain function
will work the same way even if there are more then one dac sharing the same
pot (in parallel) as it would with only one dac. I don't have to change it to a
30k pot just because I'm using it to control three dacs. Is that right ?
Correct.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 05:14 PM   #294
dahlberg is offline dahlberg  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
dahlberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
Correct.
Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 09:14 PM   #295
johnwmclean is offline johnwmclean  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Hi guys,

I got my IIISE up and running this weekend, but only S/PDIF, I was not able to get I2S to work.
I'm using Toslink, AES and the USB receiver into MUX 4.1.
I followed the recommended connection in the set-up guide for IIISE for the MUX 4.1.
Any ideas where to troubleshoot?
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 09:41 PM   #296
barrows is offline barrows
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwmclean View Post
Hi guys,

I got my IIISE up and running this weekend, but only S/PDIF, I was not able to get I2S to work.
I'm using Toslink, AES and the USB receiver into MUX 4.1.
I followed the recommended connection in the set-up guide for IIISE for the MUX 4.1.
Any ideas where to troubleshoot?
Did you attach a switch to the B-IIIse to choose between SPDIF/I2S inputs?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 04:40 AM   #297
johnwmclean is offline johnwmclean  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrows View Post
Did you attach a switch to the B-IIIse to choose between SPDIF/I2S inputs?
Thanks barrows.

I did not attach a switch. I though the input was selected automatically, my bad.
I donít need a switch as I have the MUX, is there a way to set this permanently on the board and forgo the switch.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 04:48 AM   #298
barrows is offline barrows
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwmclean View Post
Thanks barrows.

I did not attach a switch. I though the input was selected automatically, my bad.
I donít need a switch as I have the MUX, is there a way to set this permanently on the board and forgo the switch.
Need to tak a closer look at the integration guide. The B-IIIse accepts both SPDIF and I2S inputs directly, but these cannot both be active at the same time. So the board defaults to the SPDIF input, to use I2S, you have to add either a jumper (for a permanent switch to I2S input), or a switch (to be able to switch between direct SPDIF in and I2S) to the board. I cannot remember the board designators off the top of my head, but the integration guide will point them out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 05:20 AM   #299
BrianDonegan is offline BrianDonegan  United States
diyAudio Member
 
BrianDonegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: TPA HQ (The Basement)
IP_S header
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 06:22 AM   #300
johnwmclean is offline johnwmclean  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I donít know how I missed this...

Thank you.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Buffalo III - SEHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise. Russ White Twisted Pear 1362 27th December 2016 04:11 AM
Buffalo III Build Thread dheming Twisted Pear 11 26th February 2014 02:30 AM
Buffalo III and Integer / HOG jtwrace Twisted Pear 5 19th January 2012 05:41 PM
WTB: Buffalo II/III DAC merlin2069er Swap Meet 1 10th January 2012 05:50 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio
Wiki