Introducing OTTO2 - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 5th August 2012, 08:25 PM   #21
jarre is offline jarre  Norway
diyAudio Member

I was on the way to solder the resistores when I stop...

Which way should I solder the resistores? the side with the line to the squer solderpad?
Old 5th August 2012, 09:10 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
It makes no difference.
Old 27th August 2012, 03:49 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

OTTO2 works great in my Denon 3910! It saved me from having to build a multiple relay board to get my R and L channels proper with SACD. DSD shares two inputs with PCM into the PCM1796 DAC chip in the 3910, but the R and L channels reverse in DSD. I just connected PCM to B1 and changed the connection order for DSD on the B2 side and that solved my R and L channel swap problem. A Twisted Pear Teleporter exports the signals to my Buffalo III DAC, soon to become a dual mono BIII.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by SCompRacer; 27th August 2012 at 03:51 AM.
Old 27th August 2012, 02:32 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Great use case! Glad to hear it is working well.
Old 25th September 2012, 01:08 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Hi there, Just got my OTTO 2 switch in the post today, looks like great quality. Thanks.

Just to get it straight in my head, to get it to switch need to connect the s pad to either the vcc or grd depending on which source i need to switch too?

At the moment I an using a 4:1 mux to switch between sources (non i2s obviously) this then connects to my buffalo 2 via i2s. This is switched using a rotary switch as per the diagram on the TP site. The only difference being that I don't use the the AES/EBU connection.

What I would ideally like is to connect the 4:1 to the 'A' channel of the Otto 2 and my i2s (wave io) source to the 'B' channel. Then the otto to be on 'A' whenever I have the 4:1 mux switched to any of my 3 spdif sources and then the 'B' channel of the otto to be selected when the switch is rotated to the 4th position. My question is, could I configure the switch wiring to accomplish this? Probably a stupid question with a very easy answer but my head gets in a muddle when thinking about all the pins on a switch for some reason!

Any help of connection diagrams anyone could supply would be greatly received. In fact I'd be happy to do a series of pictures and diagrams as a manual for the TP OTTO II page as it's missing one at the moment :-)

Thanks

Stefan Whatcott
Old 25th September 2012, 02:36 PM   #26
LeonvB is offline LeonvB  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Diagram can be found on page 20 of the integration guide, page 47 contains the technical specs.
Old 25th September 2012, 03:01 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Hi Leon, got that already, but ta. It's specifically connecting it up using my current rotary switch which controls my mux 4:1, any ideas?
Old 25th September 2012, 06:19 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Maybe if it can't be part of the switching circuit I'm using it could be triggered somehow by the 4:1 mux either having an output or not? Maybe I could use the lock led in some way. That way if there is a signal present at the mux the otto will be switched to it's output, if no signal is present and hence no led voltage the otto switches the other way? That seems like a plan, and still not sure how to actually plement it though.

Thanks so far.

Stefan
Old 27th September 2012, 06:29 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Just giving my questions about a little bump, anybody help? Russ?

Stefan
Old 28th September 2012, 09:54 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Ok, no bites. I'll try and simplify it a bit.

Is the s pad basicaly a sense circuit?

If so, theoreticaly could the vdd output for the switch circuit on the 4:1 trigger it?

Thisbis my first time on this forum, i normally hang lut at PFM. Do the guys from TP frequent these pages? Is the the best place to get support from them?

Stefan

Hide this!Advertise here!