• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

best I/V choice to drive a 200k balanced line stage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone, I'm planning on building a Buffalo III but I'm pretty confused about what will be the best I/V stage for my tube preamp. It's an Atma-Sphere MP-3 and the specs say the input impedance is 200k ohms on the balanced inputs, 100k on the single-ended. Atma-Sphere music systems, inc. Aside from all of the subjective listener preference with regard to the IVY III vs. the Legato, I was wondering if one of the other would be a better match for my preamp, listener subjectivity not withstanding. I plan to eventually run dual mono if that is a consideration. I've been reading everything I can get my eyes on and I hope this hasn't been already addressed. This diyAudio site is awesome! Best regards from wet SW Washington, /Mike

best match electronically

Probably the only way to decide is try both with this preamp. I was just mainly looking for thoughts on the idea that one might be a better electrical match for this pre - maybe since this matching can be adjusted with resistors on these I/V stages the question isn't relevant. Thanks for the input. /Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.