• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Placid HD, min voltage drop?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We will need more information, you might be in luck. What is the brand and part number of the transformer? I asume that you mean 0-6VAC secondary on the transformer. If all else fails measure the secondary transformer AC voltage, and post a picture. How much current will the Placid HD be drawing?

I have tried to find, but without result. What are the lowest voltage drop over the placid HD? i'm asking because i have a 6-0v transformer that i hoped to use, but i guess the voltage is to low to get 5v - 5.25v output?

It depends on the current you are needing. Yes 6V is likely on the small side.

I would recommend at least 4V drop. So 9-10V rectified should be ok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.