• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Trident Evolves - Version 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks Russ. Are you using the adjustable ADM7151 version of this series so the output V can be adjusted up to 3.6v?

Can you say more about what causes the need for the different firmware? I have a couple of almost ready to run B-II setup (yah, I've been very slow on getting these implemented)and am contemplating getting a set to try in them.

Greg in Mississippi

It totally depends on the scenario - but I am measuring 325ma at 192Khz playing music from one Placid HD which is also powering a Cronus/Hermes (which takes about ~70ma). So something like 250ma. :)

This is with the SHUNT AVCC's or series regs there also?

The new regs have large caps at the input?? of so, how much capacitance?

Why i'm asking is because i know that PSU's like SSLV1.1 may have trouble with oscillations when having large caps at the output...

Failed Trident SR 1.0...

My Trident SR 1.0, 3.3 volt regulator has failed (.7 VDC out...) I assume it is the chip, perhaps a bad chip? Anyone other failure modes I soul be aware of? I cannot replace the chip because I cannot solder the power pad... so I guess I'll just purchase a replacement. My DAC runs a bit hot, maybe a small glue on sink on the chip would help?

My Trident SR 1.0, 3.3 volt regulator has failed (.7 VDC out...) I assume it is the chip, perhaps a bad chip? Anyone other failure modes I soul be aware of? I cannot replace the chip because I cannot solder the power pad... so I guess I'll just purchase a replacement. My DAC runs a bit hot, maybe a small glue on sink on the chip would help?

I will send you a replacement. The 3.3V regs on the Buffalo should not be drawing anything near enough current to get particularly warm. Still, could try adding a small HS. This is one I had been experimenting with on a V3 Shunt Trident a while back...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20170505_174542.jpg
    IMG_20170505_174542.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
My BIII can't play anything more than 192 kHz or DSD128, ie plays for few seconds without noise and then with noise. Still have tridents v3.0 with additional parallel R4 resistor and Vd voltage is stable at 1,16V. How to configure this old tridents for maybe 1.3V?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.