Legato II stage. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 27th December 2011, 07:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Legato II stage.

Hi Guys,
A couple of quick questions if I may regarding a build that I am *finally* getting round to doing.
I am in the process of building a dual mono Buff II / Legato II setup. Fully balanced into a balanced pre.
I can miss out the buffer stage as the pre has an input of 11k ohms, and I would like to run at an output voltage of around 2 or 3 volts., so will run with the appropriate resistor combo as indicated.

I have sourced some Supertex Mosfets to replace the BS250's, but in the 'construction options' it states ''Omit QN7-QN14, R25-R28" Then place a jumper between pad QN8, QN10, QN12, QN13.
My boards are Legato 2.0.0, & I cannot for the life of me find QN7 -QN14, nor where to put the link?
I also assume I just place a jumper in place of each R25-R28.
My boards clearly show QN1-QN6 (on the balanced output sides) do I jumper these?

I am not populating the bal to se section as I only intend to use the XLR outputs.

There is no diagram showing the wiring out to the XLR with Dual Legato, only in IVY III, and that runs from the SE outputs to the balanced XLR?
Could someone point me in the direction of how to do this correctly please.

Thanks for any help.
Old 27th December 2011, 08:25 PM   #2
avr300 is offline avr300  Denmark
diyAudio Member

That description doesn't match the 2.0.0 board - It applies to 1.0.2

Do you have the schematics corresponding the 2.0.0 circuit ?

If not, here you have it:

http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs..._schematic.pdf

You can clearly see that you have to populate QN1-QN6. They are a part of the main circuit. You don't need to put in jumpers in version 2.0.0. There are no optional output buffer in that version. Only the BAL-SE can be omitted.

Last edited by avr300; 27th December 2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 31st December 2011, 02:22 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi avr300,
You are, of course 100% correct.
I was working from the integration guide which I had downloaded many months ago & not realised it was for the 1.02 layout.
The version II seemed to have the fleeting lifspan of a mayfly before V III came along, and no full guide was made for it.
Thank you for the link - it has been printed for use.

Your help is much appreciated.
Happy New Year!

Steve.
Old 1st January 2012, 12:08 PM   #4
avr300 is offline avr300  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Happy New Year to you also.
Old 1st January 2012, 02:39 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonority View Post
The version II seemed to have the fleeting lifspan of a mayfly before V III came along
Legato 2 and 3 are very similar.

Legato 2 happened to be released just I had decided to experiment with trimming out the DC offset instead of using coupling caps- which resulted in Legato 3. That is why it had a relatively brief production run.

Hide this!Advertise here!