• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Legato II stage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
A couple of quick questions if I may regarding a build that I am *finally* getting round to doing.
I am in the process of building a dual mono Buff II / Legato II setup. Fully balanced into a balanced pre.
I can miss out the buffer stage as the pre has an input of 11k ohms, and I would like to run at an output voltage of around 2 or 3 volts., so will run with the appropriate resistor combo as indicated.

I have sourced some Supertex Mosfets to replace the BS250's, but in the 'construction options' it states ''Omit QN7-QN14, R25-R28" Then place a jumper between pad QN8, QN10, QN12, QN13.
My boards are Legato 2.0.0, & I cannot for the life of me find QN7 -QN14, nor where to put the link?
I also assume I just place a jumper in place of each R25-R28.
My boards clearly show QN1-QN6 (on the balanced output sides) do I jumper these?

I am not populating the bal to se section as I only intend to use the XLR outputs.

There is no diagram showing the wiring out to the XLR with Dual Legato, only in IVY III, and that runs from the SE outputs to the balanced XLR?
Could someone point me in the direction of how to do this correctly please.

Thanks for any help.

That description doesn't match the 2.0.0 board - It applies to 1.0.2

Do you have the schematics corresponding the 2.0.0 circuit ?

If not, here you have it:

http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs/linestages/legato2_schematic.pdf

You can clearly see that you have to populate QN1-QN6. They are a part of the main circuit. You don't need to put in jumpers in version 2.0.0. There are no optional output buffer in that version. Only the BAL-SE can be omitted.

Last edited:
Hi avr300,
You are, of course 100% correct.
I was working from the integration guide which I had downloaded many months ago & not realised it was for the 1.02 layout.
The version II seemed to have the fleeting lifspan of a mayfly before V III came along, and no full guide was made for it.
Thank you for the link - it has been printed for use.

Your help is much appreciated.
Happy New Year!

Steve.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.